SASS Wire Forum

Such a lovely day

Utah Bob #35998

I had to pull out something and shoot.  I had a few minutes to spare after cooking, laundry, bills, etc. So I took the Mini 14 out and sent some 5.56 down range.

Mini14 4-29-21.jpg

I love the Mini 14! What a tough little rifle.

Just now, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I had a couple of the old thin-barreled Mini-14s a long time ago. Couldn't hit the side of a barn with them. I hear the new ones with the thicker barrel are much better.

Better. Average carbine type accuracy. They can be tweaked with an adjustable gas block and such but they’ll never be a glass bedded Mauser no matter what you do. if I can hit a plate at 100 yards I’m fine. It’s a hoot to shoot. It’s my companion when I’m in the woods checking the property for interloping ne’er-do-wells and Jabberwockies.

14 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Better. Average carbine type accuracy. They can be tweaked with an adjustable gas block and such but they’ll never be a glass bedded Mauser no matter what you do. if I can hit a plate at 100 yards I’m fine. It’s a hoot to shoot. It’s my companion when I’m in the woods checking the property for interloping ne’er-do-wells and Jabberwockies.

If you want to up the intimidation factor sport a Mohawk and wear 50lbs of jewelry. :D

But then again they'll think you can't hit anything. :unsure:

53 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

If you want to up the intimidation factor sport a Mohawk and wear 50lbs of jewelry. :D

But then again they'll think you can't hit anything. :unsure:

Do you think Imperial Stormtroopers are descended from the A-Team?

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Do you think Imperial Stormtroopers are descended from the A-Team?

Not just Stormtroopers, but the entire GI-Joe team (cartoon series) as well. I remember as a kid literally screaming at the TV "How could you guys #%$@! miss Cobra Commander?!? He was three feet in front of you!!!".

Those family-friendly TV shows may have discouraged violence, but they sure taught me to swear. :blush:

36 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

what?  no frumious Bandersnatches?

Their range is further south. They seldom roam north of Albuquerque. Must be the altitude. We do get an occasional Jubjub Bird. I think they’re on the endangered list though.

Archived