SASS Wire Forum

magazine question

Bugler

Many of you already know I had a burglary on 14 May 2020. 4 guns have been recovered out of 11 stolen.

I have about a dozen magazines for each of the 3 XD's (9mm, .40, and 45 acp.) Same with my still stolen M&P FS.45 acp.

At today's pricing, part of me wants to sell them off and be done with them, another part of me wants to hang on to them and hope more of them get recovered and another part of me says to sell all but 3 magazines for each and then maybe find replacements for the still missing guns......

My real question fellow forum members is....what would YOU do in this situation?

Thanks for your thoughts everyone....

Randy

I recommend selling them in the hope that as soon as they are gone the still stolen guns will be recovered.  My experience has been with the stuff I no longer use but keep because I may have a use for them in the future only have a use after I dispose of them.

I would keep the mags for the guns you have. Sell the mags for the still missing guns except for 2 or 3 if they do come back. 

To make doubly sure your missing guns are returned, you must dispose of all associated magazines, ammunition, dies, reloading supplies and holsters.  Only then will your property be returned, Grasshopper.

Give the Magazines a light spritz of Rem Oil, put them in a Tupperware container, then place them under your pillow at night.  Whilst you sleep, the Great Pistol Fairy may visit.  That use to work quite well with the Tooth Fairy :rolleyes:

Howdy,

A good friend had about a dozen guns stolen.

Some were recovered fairly soon some took ages.

One was found on a gun show table.

Its impossible to say how long it might take.

One thing one of the guns had its serial number messed with.

He was offered ONE chance to remove any parts but the frame had to

be destroyed.  Keep your tools handy.

Best

CR

Archived