SASS Wire Forum

Opinions on Miroku Double Barrels?

Flaco Joe

What’s everyone’s opinion of Miroku double barrel shotguns. I know that Miroku makes Winchesters and Brownings, so are the Miroku shotguns as good as the Browning BSS? They sure look similar. Will they run as well for CAS?

I ask because there’s one for sale locally for much less than a BSS.

Thanks

Not sure about the Miroku, do you have a model number? I suggest you talk with Fast Eddie from Georgia. He is known far and wide for reliable race tuned SKB Double Barrel shotguns

I had a Daly 500 made by Miroku. It was the predecessor of the BSS except it had extractors and double triggers. Had Cody C do an action job on it. He said that internally it was identical to his older SKB. Like an idiot I later sold it and kept a Stoger; duh! Miroku is a first-rate manufacturer.

I have a Charles Daley 500 made by Miroku that is a piece of junk.  Everything that can be loose, is.  I bought it over the wire and now I know why it was for sale.   I guess their quality control let one go by,

58 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

I have a Charles Daley 500 made by Miroku that is a piece of junk.  Everything that can be loose, is.  I bought it over the wire and now I know why it was for sale.   I guess their quality control let one go by,

I have a couple 500's. The one I've used for 7-8 years is starting to get loose. I use to wear a Stoeger out every year. 

A good smith can tighten them up or a bad smith can loosen one way too much. My guess is someone smoothed yours up and got over zealous.

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

I have a couple 500's. The one I've used for 7-8 years is starting to get loose. I use to wear a Stoeger out every year. 

A good smith can tighten them up or a bad smith can loosen one way too much. My guess is someone smoothed yours up and got over zealous.

Yeah, I am starting to get quite a pile of used Stoegers.  On the other hand, I just bought three new ones and one used one for next season.

Archived