SASS Wire Forum

London broil

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Got two refrigerated (not frozen) two pounders and am not going to have anyone here to eat them.  Been in the meat drawer for three days.  Is it safe to freeze them now and thaw them out later?  I've never been in this situation before.

Be sure to wrap them well and use air tight freezer bags.

If you can vacuum seal ‘em, all the better!

Maybe divide them before freezing them. 

Dry them,  salt them some, bag and freeze. 

If you don't have a vacuum sealer, fill a pot or bowl with cold water.  Use a zip top bag. Close it most of the way, slowly submerge the bag in the water taking care to not submerge the open part.  This will force almost all the air out.  Seal and freeze.

6 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Maybe divide them before freezing them. 

Dry them,  salt them some, bag and freeze. 

If you don't have a vacuum sealer, fill a pot or bowl with cold water.  Use a zip top bag. Close it most of the way, slowly submerge the bag in the water taking care to not submerge the open part.  This will force almost all the air out.  Seal and freeze.

Been using this method for years, The meat will last almost forever because no oxygen comes in contact with it.

kR

Dang, a whole college class of info.  Thanks, folks.  I can sleep better now and I plan on London Broil about once or twice week until it's gone.

Lessee, four pounds is about sixteen meals.  Might make it to Christmas.

Nah, not possible.

Archived