SASS Wire Forum

Anyone with experience with FN 5.7?

Alpo

Never seen one in real life.

I just now found out that the safety is directly above the trigger.

That seems extremely awkward to me. I wondered if anyone had actually shot the thing, and therefore had an opinion as to whether or not it was an awkward safety to use.

I had one and a friend talked me out of it. I needed the money at the time so I let I go. One of those things I regret practically every day. The safety thing didn't bother me none-atal. Now, I'm thinkin about getting a Ruger 57, at half the price of an FN.

Most plastic striker fired pistols don't even have a (lever/button) safety (they are safe until you pull the trigger).

In some cases this seems to have been a problem when using such guns w/ trigger block type retention holsters (airline pilots shooting their airplanes etc) ... soooo ...

I suspect this convenient "trigger finger" safety was added to give retention holster users peace of mind (they may be pushing a button on the holster w/ their trigger finger anyhow to release the gun ,,, so it is right where it needs to be if they choose to use it).   

Here in Canada, I have never seen 5.7 ammunition.

How available is it available in the US?

I got to shoot one recently at the indoor range I go to. A guy had one and I  asked  about it he let me try it.

I really liked it and if I had the disposable money I would own one but there are other guns I want more.

The safety is odd but  it's okay. I didn't find it difficult or baffling. It's just not where we Americans think a safety should be.

The gun was VERY accurate in my hands.  I chewed out the bullseye on a target 10 yards away with factory bulk ammo in a gun I had never fired before. THAT impressed the hell out of me.

The ammo is very expensive for what  it is. That would be my biggest reason for not buying one. It is a  fun gun.

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Lots of rounds defeat body armor.

Yes but the company doesn’t use it to advertise 

1 minute ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Yes but the company doesn’t use it to advertise 

Ahh...I see. Good point.

Archived