SASS Wire Forum

They're Baaaack.......

My sister in law found a show on some nature channel a few years ago and had already been watching it a couple years.  A nesting pair of bald eagles were coming back to their nest each season to lay eggs and raise their kids.  The eagles ignored the cameras the naturalist types had installed around the nest, and those ran 24/7.  So you could turn it on anytime and see what was going on up close.  They’d also go out and film the eagles as they flew about, and as the babies fed, grew up and learned to fly.  My SIL would sometimes watch them for hours at a time.  I don’t know what channel it was on or if it’s still on.  However, I’ll bet an eagle can live 20 years, and their various hatchlings come along right behind them, creating a community.

I thought it was fascinating.

Cat Brules

Them be some BALD eagles indeed....:o

I believe Utah Bob has more hair on his chin right now then these three combined! :P

image.png.835db1db2bbb130908a2aee1d10177d6.png

PS (Post Script):  :wub: to watch these type of LIVE feeds of Natural Habitat.

Eagle's nests are on the rise in Ohio, but still don't see them a lot. Last year I had just shot a groundhog and put him out in the field for the turkey vultures. I was hiding in my pickup with my long lens camera to get close-ups of the vultures when I caught movement down the field. It was the first eagle I had ever seen at my house. Got a couple good shots. Came back two days later to get his share of the groundhog.

6478.jpeg

18 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

My sister in law found a show on some nature channel a few years ago and had already been watching it a couple years.  A nesting pair of bald eagles were coming back to their nest each season to lay eggs and raise their kids.  The eagles ignored the cameras the naturalist types had installed around the nest, and those ran 24/7.  So you could turn it on anytime and see what was going on up close.  They’d also go out and film the eagles as they flew about, and as the babies fed, grew up and learned to fly.  My SIL would sometimes watch them for hours at a time.  I don’t know what channel it was on or if it’s still on.  However, I’ll bet an eagle can live 20 years, and their various hatchlings come along right behind them, creating a community.

I thought it was fascinating.

Cat Brules

Google “Decorah Eagles” to find the web site with cameras. 

On 6/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Google “Decorah Eagles” to find the web site with cameras. 

Thanks, Charlie!

I found the site and you can go back and forth from one camera to the other.  Of course, it’s best to look at tharm during the day.   :)

Cat Brules

Archived