SASS Wire Forum

My Wife's Sartorial Triumph

My wife is serious about SASS costuming and was acknowledged at a local club's award banquet as the best dressed lady shooter of the year.   She doesn't spend a great deal on costumes - mostly buying hats and dresses on e-Bay and altering them a Victorian look.  She also selects costumes for me.  Wearing her selections I was awarded the best dressed man of the year.  So she effectively received two awards.  I am not too focused on costuming and mostly focus on my black powder shooting.  However, winning costume contests is fun and I've enjoyed our successes.

5 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Congrats! Got any pictures you can share?

I'll check with my wife.  She is also the club's photographer.

Check out her Facebook page - Doc Barium.

8 hours ago, Major General Shagnasty said:

I would like to see a photo of ya in one of them Victorian dress your wire makes for ya, don't forget the hat.

No you dont want to see that........ trust me:lol:

Congratulations to you ERS Canby! Tell Doc Barium she done Good! :)

My bride of 39 years is equally as interested in the costuming... more so than the shooting itself.
We did other events in years past, and she constructed the most dazzling work.

congrats , i wish i could get my wife involved but alas she is fine with me doing what i like and being gone when i am , she is a seamstress of sorts but my wardrobe is not augmented by any of here efforts and its far from my focus here , we shall see as i age , 

Archived