SASS Wire Forum

Has the software had an update lately?

Alpo

Used to be that if I quoted someone in a response, they would be a little block at the top of the response saying:

Hardpan Curmudgeon: blah blah blah blah blah

Now instead of giving the name of the person I quoted it has a little downward-pointing arrow.  ^ except pointing down instead of up.

Also I used to be able to quote a piece of what someone said. If Hardpan had written three paragraphs, and I only wanted to quote one sentence, I could highlight that one sentence, and a little box would open up that said QUOTE THIS.

That doesn't happen anymore.

Interesting observation Alpo. You are right. Something is wrong. I tried to quote your last sentence and it didn’t have the little window that says “quote this“ it just had a white line in a black box. It wouldn’t allow the quote of the highlighted sentence. 

Earlier I tried to paste a news article into a thread and I couldn’t do it. I thought the website I got the article from was keeping me from posting somehow. 

Earlier I also tried to quote an entire post on another thread and it would post the quote but when I tried to add my own words below it I made a mistake and when hit the back arrow (I as using my iPhone) I went too far and deleted the quote as well but the quote box stayed and I couldn’t enter anything. Weird.  

I just did a highlighted quote.

Interesting observation Alpo. You are right. Something is wrong. I tried to quote your last sentence and it didn’t have the little window that says “quote this“ it just had a white line in a black box. It wouldn’t allow the quote of the highlighted sentence. 

If you place your mouse cursor just right over the little white line it will allow you to quote just the highlighted text. Note your mouse cursor will change when it is in the right spot.  You guys and gals that have touch screens are out of luck unless you get lucky.

Dave posted while I was reading Pat's post.

Previously a black bar would appear, saying SEDALIA DAVE HAS REPLIED. SHOW REPLY, with an X if you did not want to see what Dave said.

This time the black bar showed up, but it had no writing. It showed Dave's avatar. Nothing else.

Weird.

I just did a highlighted quote.

If you place your mouse cursor just right over the little white line it will allow you to quote just the highlighted text. Note your mouse cursor will change when it is in the right spot.  You guys and gals that have touch screens are out of luck unless you get lucky.

Ha! Quoted everything. That’s doable. 

On my iPhone tapping the little white bar does no good. It doesn’t react but I do get the “Copy, Look Up, Share” options. 

I reported this thread to the Mods with a comment that they should look into these issues. 

Thank y'all for the "heads up", I've reported the problems up the line.

With Thanksgiving Week upon us, it may take a while.

Used to be that if I quoted someone in a response, they would be a little block at the top of the response saying:

Hardpan Curmudgeon: blah blah blah blah blah

Now instead of giving the name of the person I quoted it has a little downward-pointing arrow.  ^ except pointing down instead of up.

Also I used to be able to quote a piece of what someone said. If Hardpan had written three paragraphs, and I only wanted to quote one sentence, I could highlight that one sentence, and a little box would open up that said QUOTE THIS.

That doesn't happen anymore.

Either last night to the night before, I tried to go onto the SASS website at around 2 or 3 am. It wouldn't let me on and it said that they were doing updates. Wasn't out for long, maybe a 1/2 hour.

AND you used to be able to paste text from other sources, then click on a [ " ] menu icon and your pasted quote would appear in a "quote' box.  The [ " icon is no more.  

ALSO!  When posting a picture, you could hold down the CTRL key and left right-click on the picture to pop up a small edit menu which would let change the size of the graphic.  That dinna work no mo' either.  :(

Something else I just noticed on my iPhone. When someone posts a quote the person that made the quote’s alias does not appear. 

Doesn't appear on a reg'lar computer screen either.  :mellow:

Archived