SASS Wire Forum

Best sound you ever heard?

Charlie Harley, #14153

Fump Fump Fump:  The Med Evac chopper as I tried to stop the blood flow and wondered if that foot would ever point the right direction again.

“Hey Asshole”

We have a Black Headed Caique that is almost 13 years old named Mojo.  One day when she was a little baby parrot less than 6 months old she was playing on her tree stand in our basement.  I had my back to her playing with the dogs.  She was making all her happy little bird chirps (which was all she had done to this point) and trying very hard to get me to turn around.  That was when I heard her little gravelly voice for the first time scratching out “Hey Asshole!”.  I turned around and she fluffed up and looked so happy she got my attention.  All these years later I am still asshole to her and its become a term of endearment in our house and I smile every time.  If she hears me in the house or sees me, its always Hey Asshole.  When I am not home my wife has to put up with Mojo always asking her “Where asshole at?”  We have no idea where she picked the word up, but now its only a small part of her very colorful vocabulary. 

Not #1... But in my Top 3 !!!

Hey Sam, come hear them in person! There were 4 last year, only see two in the lineup this year but could change.

https://wingsoverdallas.org/

By the way, One of the few remaining B-17's was lost yesterday in Hartford, Conn. It crashed shortly after takeoff, killing 7.:(

The best sound I have heard was the gasp and coughing my five year old son made when I pulled him from the water, after he fell in and sank with all his clothes on.

It was October and we were closing up/winterizing the camp.

The girl who was supposed to be watching him, while SWMBO and I did the chores, became distracted and he wandered off and headed to the dock where I was dealing with the boat.

He slipped off the dock, into deep water and sank. 

Fortunately, I heard the splash and realized looked to see what was going on. I could see his light coloured jacket sinking out of sight, realized what must have happened and dove in.

A quick grab of his clothes, a hurried ascent and wading to the shore, while I pushed his rib cage then gave him a few mouth to mouth breaths and he coughed, gasped and started to whimper.

Thinking quickly, because I didn't want to have him afraid of the water, I made it into a joke; Look at wet Daddy and Ian! Oh! I wonder if Mommy will be mad about our wet clothes. It distracted him enough to begin talking about his wet clothing, while I, heart in mouth and trying not to scream, puttered around for a minute or so, to not make it a big deal.

The walk up to the campsite had me thanking God through tears of relief and other than a horrified gasp, Sherron caught on right away and played everything down.

Never had the girl sitting him again.

Archived