SASS Wire Forum

From the "what did you build now?!?!?!" File

Boomstick Bruce

So my fiance comes down to my basement workshop because I'm laughing like a madman, looks at my latest project my workbench and says "it's like living with a mad scientist around here!" Shakes her head and goes back upstairs...

My latest creation::

Muahahahahaaaa!!!!

IMG_20190224_101909.jpg

IMG_20190224_101919.jpg

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

thats an interesting twist on a very old idea , i like it , scabbard may be in order ? 

I'm thinking just a regular holster with an extension for the knife blade and maybe grind the tip flat and use it like a screw knife... But since I shoot a 92, a screw knife isn't needed... 

I figure it this way, If I shoot it in a match and get a miss, I can always charge the target and stab it...lol...

11 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

How well does it stab?  The knife looks like a sharpened loading lever, so I'm wondering how it gets locked into the full upright position. 

If you look closely at the front of the cylinder pin you'll see. What I did was drilled a hole down through the lever, cut a notch for the original lever catch to slide through, drilled a hole through the top to put a pin through to hold the original catch in place. I turned the catch around and used the round end to fit into a hole I drilled in the front of the cylinder pin. So basically instead of the catch locking into a slot, it locks into a round hole in the cylinder pin.

I'm just wondering what kind of sick mind has a Beretta M92 drawing on their workbench... :P:o:D

11 hours ago, Griff said:

I'm just wondering what kind of sick mind has a Beretta M92 drawing on their workbench... :P:o:D

I got that when I bought my duty gun, a Beretta 92. I'm not really a fan of autos, too many moving parts...lol... Unfortunately, VA dcjs won't let me qualify with single action revolvers, but this year when I requalified I used my 1911 so that's my new duty gun. I also added shotgun to my dcjs registration. So now I can write my model 12, Baikal, 1911, holsters, mags, ammo, and range trips off on my taxes this year... Sooooo my cas/wb stuff is now a tax deduction... I'm looking to buy a 6 shot double action revolver in 45 Colt to qualify with next... Thinking maybe a Taurus raging judge, I already own a 3" judge magnum but I need a 6 shooter for dcjs...

Archived