SASS Wire Forum

World Sniper Competition

Howdy ;

I was watching the Sniper Comp.  all sorts of film on USA teams even down to the 20th. Place team ... But Not one Frame of the Danish team ,, They Placed 5 Overall ..

But they were not even shown once ,,, Since Denmark does Not have a "Standing Army" at this time , and has Almost no Budget for training ... And relies on Volinteers for their team ...

I say they made a darn fine Showing even thought the only Showing they were accorded was Displaying their standings on the Standings Board 3 times during the show ...They were in second Place at one Point ,,,,,, but that didn't even earn them one Second of Airtime ,,, Really quite Sad ...

Feel free to Burn Me ,,, Now ....

Jabez Cowboy

I looked this competition up and found 

Marine snipers are considered among the most elite hunters of men in the U.S. military with Hollywood movies and countless books dedicated to them, and yet, for the past two years, they have been beaten in competition by the freakin' Coast Guard.

11 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I looked this competition up and found 

That's pretty impressive considering the Coasties are shooting from a bouncing platform at another bouncing platform consisting of two platforms of 360 x 360 x 360 degrees at unknown ranges that keep changing by the second, in lousy conditions on the best of days.

If someone with those skills is shooting at me I want something between us....like a continent

Can be fun at family events sometimes-:lol:

We have 3 sons who are multi-tour combat vets.

USMC Air crew, Army Ranger and Army Armor.

On top of that-Our Daughter has been married to a LA County Deputy Sheriff for the last 20+ yrs.

OLG

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That's pretty impressive considering the Coasties are shooting from a bouncing platform at another bouncing platform consisting of two platforms of 360 x 360 x 360 degrees at unknown ranges that keep changing by the second, in lousy conditions on the best of days.

If someone with those skills is shooting at me I want something between us....like a continent

Wasn’t that the original purpose of the M’rines?  Except that they did it from high, in the ship’s rigging.

20 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Wasn’t that the original purpose of the M’rines?  Except that they did it from high, in the ship’s rigging.

Yeah, but we were firing down onto a fairly close target at men who were nor armored and were usually crowded on a deck.  Wasn't sniping as much the as it was flock shooting.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah, but we were firing down onto a fairly close target at men who were nor armored and were usually crowded on a deck.  Wasn't sniping as much the as it was flock shooting.

Thought you were shooting at the guy wit’ da funny hat.

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Thought you were shooting at the guy wit’ da funny hat.

Them was our guys.  Had a funny cross-shaped thingy on top of their covers so we'd know which ones were ours and so we wouldn't shoot the wrong ones.  Officers still have them on their covers but nobody much shoots from the rigging any more.  Damn shame, too.

Archived