SASS Wire Forum

WTC, Are These Boots Legal?

Null N. Void

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I think they should not be legal due to the sole color and toe design.

I must be missing the reference to the list of legal sole colors in the shooter's handbook. Can someone please post that for me?

I ask, because I have seen all kinds of sole colors - Red, orange, tan, black, brown, natual leather, white, creame (to name a few) - and never given it that much thought that their legality may be called into question.

General consensus of the ROC is that there are literally a hundred choices that will do a better job of looking the part.

Primary objections (besides the basic "look") were to the sole type & construction and the "speed" laces.

CLOTHING & ACCOUTREMENTS

Cowboy Action Shooting™ is a combination of historical reenactment and Saturday morning at the matinee.  Participants may choose the style of costume they wish to wear, but all clothing must be typical of the late 19th century, a B-Western movie, or Western television series.

13 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

General consensus of the ROC is that there are literally a hundred choices that will do a better job of looking the part.

Primary objections (besides the basic "look") were to the sole type & construction and the "speed" laces.

But they aren't illegal? 

31 minutes ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

But they aren't illegal? 

They are not in compliance with the quoted rule.

...all clothing must be typical of the late 19th century, a B-Western movie, or Western television series.

Archived