SASS Wire Forum

Amen straight memorial charity shoot

evil dogooder

Howdy! If you’re at this page, you’ve learned about the “Make Me Smile” charity shoot sponsored by the Granite City Gunslingers in Kimball, MN.
Many of you remember or heard about how satisfying it was to participate in Amen Straight’s “Make Me Smile” shoot last July. A $6,000 donation was made to Operation Smile, the organization that corrects cleft palates of children in poverty so they can have a real smile and a better life! Well, as you likely know, our dear friend, Amen Straight, left our company to be with his Lord Jesus last February and he is sorely missed, to be sure. BUT each of you now has the opportunity to be the “champion” Amen knew you all to be and participate in the Amen Straight Memorial “Make Me Smile” Cowboy Action Shoot this coming September 29, 2018! Same place as last year, hosted by the Granite City Gunslingers, 9837 Willow Creek Rd Kimball, Minnesota.. Now, the BEST way to do this is to show up to the shoot because, well, shoots are fun, ya know. The Three Amigo Gunfighters, Evil Dogooder, Jackpine Bill and Delivered are willing to be put up for auction again to shoot with or for the winning bidders and dress as instructed. Last year was a tough costume year for Jackpine and Evil (though they were surprisingly convincing as “Soiled Doves”) and they played it to the hilt for lots of fun and money for children who need to get their smiles fixed! Delivered had it easier costume-wise (but UNconvincing as a monk) until nearly tripping over the cassock, but our “masters” paid for 9 smiles! To keep this auction on the up-and-up, the newly named Sheriff of Granite City, Hail Hot Mary, will be the official auctioneer, so put your bids on this Facebook Page and she’ll keep y’all honest!
To donate if you can’t make it all you need to do is go to this website: http://support.operationsmile.org/site/TR?px=2522817&fr_id=2451&pg=personal and make a donation! Heck, even if you are coming go to the page and make a donation! If you want to get in on the fun for the actual shoot where lots of fun will be had, including some cool raffle items, your match fee will be donated to Operation Smile by Granite City Gunslingers and you can see how the Three Amigo Gunfighters fared. It won’t be pretty, but it’ll put a smile on your face, one on Amen Straight’s looking down from his heavenly home, and most importantly on lots of kids who really need it!

Amen was a friend of mine, and I really miss the man. This shoot was just a portion of the kind of man he was. To put a smile on a child's face, to improve their lives, was all he wanted. Come on out and help us make that dream of his . Good people, good fun, great cause. Every penny goes to the kids.

See ya there,

Knarley Bob & Wronggun

15 minutes ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Hey! I'm not the one in red stripe boots.bloomers and a feather boa.

Don't worry bob.  If you show up this weekend I'm sure we can round up something for you to wear. No need to be jealous

Howdy,

I am calling on all of my cowboy friends.  I am in dire need of help.  I have one daughter out college and my last one is a senior.  Moma is low on money after paying for education.  By the way, congrats to our daughter, Gunslinger Grace as the overall ladies winner at Gunsmoke.  Momma and Daddy are so proud!  Our other daughter Aimless Gab also gets a shout out as is finishing up her senior year in college.

So here is the story....I have selected two outfits each for Evil Dogooder and Jackpine Bill.  I have them in my camper ready for Saturday.  I need help from my cowboy friends to make these guys shine!!  My years of shopping at Work N Ranch for three ladies has paid off and now it's time for share the clothes with these two gunfighters.  I  start the bid at $50.00 for Evil Dogooder and Jackpine Bill.  Please add to my bid so we can help change the life of a child and make their life better. 

These three gunfighters are really the best sports.  I have learned so much for each of them and I am truly blessed to call them a friend.

Please ... please join me in the auction and let's improve the looks of these gunfighters. 

Thank you all so much.

Hail Hot Mary

Greetings to all,

Sorry I am so slow in getting in involved in the this circus.  I just got back yesterday from a two week elk hunting trip with my son in Colorado.  

Those of you who were involved in the match and fund raising last year know that we had a great time and were able to fund a large number of life saving surgeries for some children who would have otherwise had a very little chance of surviving.  All this happened because of the efforts of our good friend Amem Straight, who was responsible for this match being put together, when he was in the midst of a multi year battle with cancer.  Unfortunately, Amen lost that battle this past winter and I can think of no better way to honor his memory by funding this great organization once again.

This brings us to the idea of the Three Amigos.  I am once again willing put myself up for ridicule, and I can be bought, but I will not go cheap, so get your checkbooks or you credit cards or you piggy banks out and but up some funds.  I talked to Hail Hot Mary tonight and she is excited that she has clothes ready (I did not have the nerve to ask what they were) and I know you don't want to disappoint her, like voting in Chicago, bid early and bid often.  

For those of you who did were not around last year, this is not an actual auction.  Folks can join together and build a pot to the point that the Three Amigos are forced to face the humiliation that Hail Hot Mary is planning for us.  Post your intent here and you can contribute the funds through the Operation Smile site, send a check or pay up at the match this coming Saturday.   Also, in addition to the Three Amigos humiliation fund raiser, there will be raffles at the match for items, including a shotgun donated by Coyote Cap. (thanks Cap, you are always my Hero)   

Will look forward to you thoughts and mostly your funding.

Jackpine Bill

Just to give a heads up. I have anonymous donors who are willing to pay big to keep me in normal attire 

Bill.JPG.12054e6ce13918cf738128d51e415591.JPG

2 hours ago, Jackpine Bill said:

Greetings to all,

Sorry I am so slow in getting in involved in the this circus.  I just got back yesterday from a two week elk hunting trip with my son in Colorado.  

Those of you who were involved in the match and fund raising last year know that we had a great time and were able to fund a large number of life saving surgeries for some children who would have otherwise had a very little chance of surviving.  All this happened because of the efforts of our good friend Amem Straight, who was responsible for this match being put together, when he was in the midst of a multi year battle with cancer.  Unfortunately, Amen lost that battle this past winter and I can think of no better way to honor his memory by funding this great organization once again.

This brings us to the idea of the Three Amigos.  I am once again willing put myself up for ridicule, and I can be bought, but I will not go cheap, so get your checkbooks or you credit cards or you piggy banks out and but up some funds.  I talked to Hail Hot Mary tonight and she is excited that she has clothes ready (I did not have the nerve to ask what they were) and I know you don't want to disappoint her, like voting in Chicago, bid early and bid often.  

For those of you who did were not around last year, this is not an actual auction.  Folks can join together and build a pot to the point that the Three Amigos are forced to face the humiliation that Hail Hot Mary is planning for us.  Post your intent here and you can contribute the funds through the Operation Smile site, send a check or pay up at the match this coming Saturday.   Also, in addition to the Three Amigos humiliation fund raiser, there will be raffles at the match for items, including a shotgun donated by Coyote Cap. (thanks Cap, you are always my Hero)   

Will look forward to you thoughts and mostly your funding.

Jackpine Bill

The real reason Roseann is not shooting anymore

Roseann, (Jackpine Annie) has already checked with Hail Hot Mary on colors, so we will not be color matching this year.  You know, it is bad enough that you work so hard to humiliate and attempt to embarrass me, but Roseann is an innocent bystander in all of this!  

And for the record, she is still doing physical therapy and still has limited use of her hand after her injury last winter.  Plus, after nearly half a century with me, this is not the most ridiculous thing she has seen me do and she knows this one is for a good cause, so Bob, with one "O," put your money where your mouth is.

2 hours ago, Jackpine Bill said:

Roseann, (Jackpine Annie) has already checked with Hail Hot Mary on colors, so we will not be color matching this year.  You know, it is bad enough that you work so hard to humiliate and attempt to embarrass me, but Roseann is an innocent bystander in all of this!  

And for the record, she is still doing physical therapy and still has limited use of her hand after her injury last winter.  Plus, after nearly half a century with me, this is not the most ridiculous thing she has seen me do and she knows this one is for a good cause, so Bob, with one "O," put your money where your mouth is.

Yeah, we all know the cross she bears. I have put up my money with Mary. Looking forward to seeing the pics and as a departure to a serious thought good luck on raising money for a very worthy cause and in memory of a great cowboy and person, Amen Straight. I only hope my friends think so fondly of me when I'm gone. 

Bob, talking about crosses that my wife gears is a little bit of the pot and the kettle, and I promise that if you will me your stash of Fireball, after we have consumed the third bottle, we will say at least two nice things about you!

Seriously, thanks for supporting the great cause and event which Amen initiated.  Wish you could be here.

Jackpine

On 9/24/2018 at 6:15 PM, Hail Mary said:

Howdy,

I am calling on all of my cowboy friends.  I am in dire need of help.  I have one daughter out college and my last one is a senior.  Moma is low on money after paying for education.  By the way, congrats to our daughter, Gunslinger Grace as the overall ladies winner at Gunsmoke.  Momma and Daddy are so proud!  Our other daughter Aimless Gab also gets a shout out as is finishing up her senior year in college.

So here is the story....I have selected two outfits each for Evil Dogooder and Jackpine Bill.  I have them in my camper ready for Saturday.  I need help from my cowboy friends to make these guys shine!!  My years of shopping at Work N Ranch for three ladies has paid off and now it's time for share the clothes with these two gunfighters.  I  start the bid at $50.00 for Evil Dogooder and Jackpine Bill.  Please add to my bid so we can help change the life of a child and make their life better. 

These three gunfighters are really the best sports.  I have learned so much for each of them and I am truly blessed to call them a friend.

Please ... please join me in the auction and let's improve the looks of these gunfighters. 

Thank you all so much.

Hail Hot Mary

Mary, I PM'd you. I need your address to send a check.

On Monday, September 24, 2018 at 7:15 PM, Hail Mary said:

Howdy,

Thank you all so much.

Hail Hot Mary

Your plans won't go cheap ma'am 

Howdy! Delivered, here.  I just want let y'all know that Swegian Lady, BucksAnna and Grey Fox Jay have pooled a few bucks -- $600 to be exact --  in the Three Amigo Gunfighter Auction, so that puts me in the lead by my reckoning!  Good thing, too because it's common knowledge that Jackpine Bill and Evil Dogooder always beat me in a match.  BUT last year BuckAnna was in charge of my costume and it WASN'T A SALOON GIRL GET-UP, so I was definitely a winner in that department.  So all you generous cowboys and cowgirls out there who have a heart for kids who need a lot of help to put a smile on their face, and who remember what a great friend and big-hearted guy Amen Straight was, this is your opportunity to show your generosity!  We need more people bidding on Jackpine and Evil Dogooder to make sure their potential embarrassment pays of for Operation Smile.  It's bad enough they're losing to me, but who knows what Hail Hot Mary has in store for them this year?  She ain't sayin' so it can't be good for the gunfighters!

That sure is a pretty shotgun, Cap.  Thanks again.  I will take a handful of those raffle tickets.  

Now I hate to put it in print that I agree with Evil on anything, but he is right.  For $50, I will just buy myself and save having to put on the frilly nickers and whatever other sorts of lace that Hail Hot Mary has in Mind.

Jackpine

Well, I have good news.  The bid for Jackpine Bill is up to $200.  Whiskey Rick, Medicine Creek Johnny and anonymous donor helped raise the bid.  The bid on Evil Dogooder is now up to $100 ... boy I can't wait to see him in a saloon girl outfit. 

So I still need help....please help the bid and lets raise money to help the kids with their smiles.   Thanks you cowboys for your help!!!

9 minutes ago, Hail Mary said:

Well, I have good news.  The bid for Jackpine Bill is up to $200.  Whiskey Rick, Medicine Creek Johnny and anonymous donor helped raise the bid.  The bid on Evil Dogooder is now up to $100 ... boy I can't wait to see him in a saloon girl outfit. 

So I still need help....please help the bid and lets raise money to help the kids with their smiles.   Thanks you cowboys for your help!!!

Well Mary I hate to bust your bubble but it will take more than that.  The coach gun cowboys will add another 50 so my price is now $125 to dress regular

amen was a good friend and a great champion of this SASS sport as well as wishing well for others he never knew after he was gone , his heart was in this club always and if not for him i might never have stayed with it when it moved , he was an inspiration , a motivation , and ill miss him but remember him fondly 

i cannot make this shoot - im working , but ya all have a great time , im there in spirit , 

Hello the camp - - - it's been a long time since I posted anything on the wire - - - but this shoot is important - - - and for a good reason, everyone reading these posts should step up and maker a pledge for "Amen Straight's" highly respected fund raising project - - - God rest his soul, as I am sure Amen Straight is watching.

Therefore - - - beyond the donated shotgun from myself and the laser engraving gift from "Mogollon Drifter", I am pledging an additional $100 for Evil's outfit.

With the utmost respect and admiration for our departed Brother "Amen Straight" - - - I am Coyote Cap !

Good call, Cap!  Evil needs all the help he can get - plus more money for the smiles! And thanks to you, Cap, for that shotgun you donated!

I put up $50 to add to Mary's bid to dress up Bill again. Folks this is a great opportunity to keep Amen Straights memory alive and to donate to a worthy cause PLUS get a chance to make fun of some seriously great cowboys.  

I just got a call from Cockeyed Curt.  Curt has been a long time local shooter.  He is not on the Wire, but he is coming on Saturday and had heard there was a chance that I would not be dressed in what he termed a "proper" manner.  He said in memory of Amen and because he is my "good friend," that he is donating $150 to my bidding fund.

Thanks Curt, again, I think!

Well the pot is building.  Don't stop now.

Jackpine

Wronggun and I will be there too. And yes, we will be donating to make sure the "Three Amigos" are dressed at least as well as last year. How much you ask? Well, we are going to be keeping the cards close to our vests at this time, so Evil can sweat it out.

Knarely

Just a thought.....

How much to keep me from wearing my BREACH CLOUT???? The plaid one?

1 hour ago, Knarley Bob said:

Wronggun and I will be there too. And yes, we will be donating to make sure the "Three Amigos" are dressed at least as well as last year. How much you ask? Well, we are going to be keeping the cards close to our vests at this time, so Evil can sweat it out.

Knarely

Just a thought.....

How much to keep me from wearing my BREACH CLOUT???? The plaid one?

The sight of that would make me leave the range, and maybe never come back!!

Just Sayin,

Leadspittin Lefty

43 minutes ago, Leadspittinlefty said:

The sight of that would make me leave the range, and maybe never come back!!

Just Sayin,

Leadspittin Lefty

At least he didn't say thong 

Archived