SASS Wire Forum

Amen straight memorial charity shoot

evil dogooder

Howdy pards....I have Evil now up to $150 ... thank you to Jailmaker.  Personally, I can't wait to see what the final tallys.

Amen Straight was a very dear and special friend to my family.  He made such a difference in the lives of our daughters, Gunslinger Grace and Aimless Gab along with Flyin Shootist (my wonderful hubby) and myself.  Our cowboy family has been so blessed with Amen.  I know he is looking at us all smiling.  I give so much credit to Delivered, Jackpine Bill and Evil Dogooder for putting up with this for the kids.  It speaks volumes how we gather together to support kids, have fun and say thank you to  Amen!!!

The spirit of our sport is alive and well in the dedication of our members to help others even when we make fun of ourselves.  I will and always believe in  SASS and our members.  We make a difference every day and put the needs of others first.  Our friendships thru SASS have been an invaluable gift we hold dear.  I realize this is all for fun and the kids, but I am so incredibly blessed to have such a large family in SASS.

Thank you all for supporting the kids...

1 hour ago, Leadspittinlefty said:

Carefull Bob, remember those 32's

Oh, cool, I won't need my .45s!!!

Wrongguns going to start looking for something...………..Plaid:o

6 minutes ago, Knarley Bob said:

Oh, cool, I won't need my .45s!!!

Wrongguns going to start looking for something...………..Plaid:o

Bring yer 45s, I made a mistake, now not sure who the 32s belong to! :D

Someone with deep pockets pay whatever he wants to dress normal (not sure if possible!) but its for the children!!

12 hours ago, Leadspittinlefty said:

Someone with deep pockets pay whatever he wants to dress normal (not sure if possible!) but its for the children!!

Yes Lefty, it is for the children, but not sure children, but not really sure children should see this.  My Grandkids were visiting last year over the shoot weekend, and not sure they have recovered yet!  I can only hope they were taught about sacrifice, for the sake of others.  That being said, they will not be here this year.

On 9/26/2018 at 8:34 PM, Coyote Cap, SASS Life #14184 said:

Hello the camp - - - it's been a long time since I posted anything on the wire - - - but this shoot is important - - - and for a good reason, everyone reading these posts should step up and maker a pledge for "Amen Straight's" highly respected fund raising project - - - God rest his soul, as I am sure Amen Straight is watching.

Therefore - - - beyond the donated shotgun from myself and the laser engraving gift from "Mogollon Drifter", I am pledging an additional $100 for Evil's outfit.

With the utmost respect and admiration for our departed Brother "Amen Straight" - - - I am Coyote Cap !

Thank you for your generosity cap.  It's really appreciated!  However which bid are you supporting? Mary's  or the combine that wants to keep me in normal clothes?

13 minutes ago, evil dogooder said:

Thank you for your generosity cap.  It's really appreciated!  However which bid are you supporting? Mary's  or the combine that wants to keep me in normal clothes?

Sorry Evil , but there is very little "normal" about you.

15 hours ago, Leadspittinlefty said:

You want me to dress normal, the deep pockets will have to be yours. Remember, it's for the children.

Wronggun FOUND my Plaid Breech Clout, and I can change at any time. FOR SURE if someone absconds with my .32's. I'll even bring my short boots to show off my beautiful legs.

Yes, you can consider this a threat.:P

49 minutes ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Sorry Evil , but there is very little "normal" about you.

I can't argue with that

Gunfighter auction update.....Jackpine Bill is at 400 and Evil is at 250.  I have it on good authority cowboys in North Dakota will be contacting me to add to Evil.  So you should see the two outfits we have for him!!!  By the way, the skirts are short and the high is in the 40's tomorrow.  Don't shave your legs, you may need the warmth.

I have to admit, Jackpine Bill's skirt is short.  However, it's not purple to match his bride.

We are on the road to Minnesota and if you want to donate so the boy can catch up to Deliver, just send me a pm...

Well, North Dakota came thru.   Yellowstone Vic and Dakota Wild Kat add $50 to Evil.  So now he is worth $300!!!

Jackpine, you better do something....Evil is on your tail!!!!

First of all, Thank You Zeb Gray for your support.  And yes, I am sure that some of my "good friends" will post pictures.

Second, yes Evil is close behind me, but just as usually happens in matches, he will end up behind me.  (yeah, I know I should be showing more of my feminine side, but I just can't help myself.)

Finally, I am thinking I will look real good with in that short dress wearing my red long johns.

Hope to see you all tomorrow, and thanks to all for supporting the cause and honoring the memory of a great friend and cowboy.

Jackpine

14 hours ago, Jackpine Bill said:

First of all, Thank You Zeb Gray for your support.  And yes, I am sure that some of my "good friends" will post pictures.

Second, yes Evil is close behind me, but just as usually happens in matches, he will end up behind me.  (yeah, I know I should be showing more of my feminine side, but I just can't help myself.)

Finally, I am thinking I will look real good with in that short dress wearing my red long johns.

Hope to see you all tomorrow, and thanks to all for supporting the cause and honoring the memory of a great friend and cowboy.

Jackpine

There's an image I don't want to see.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:49 PM, Jackpine Bill said:

Jackpine

Well since you asked

bill.jpeg

Always good to have "friends!"

In spite of some very cold conditions, the Amen Straight Memorial Make Me Smile shoot was a great success.  I think everyone had a good time, although some of the fun seemed to be at the expense of a certain three gunfighters, but it was all for a great cause and to honor a great pard.  

There are still pledges coming in, so it will be a while before there is an accurate tally, but as of yesterday, we had over four thousand dollars in hand, all of which will go to Operation Smile.  If you did not pledge or donate, you can still do so.  Check the links on the first post on this thread.

Thanks again to all who helped put the match together, Coyote Cap, for your generous donation of that  great looking shotgun (if only I had won it!!) and all who came out and supported the cause, and to those who donated, even tho they weren't able to attend.  Amen is smiling down on us all.

Jackpine

A few snow flakes fell but with a warm fire and great friends we made it through.  Thanks to all those who helped.  It was for a great cause.  

Thanks cap and all those who donated time, money,  and prizes.     

It was worth all the teasing yesterday. 

1 hour ago, evil dogooder said:

A few snow flakes fell but with a warm fire and great friends we made it through.  Thanks to all those who helped.  It was for a great cause.  

Thanks cap and all those who donated time, money,  and prizes.     

It was worth all the teasing yesterday. 

Oh the teasing isn't done yet.

Archived