SASS Wire Forum

WTC,,, decocking while reloading on the line?

Cheyenne Culpepper 32827

Pop Corn, Peanuts, Cracker Jacks .... get yer Cold Beer Here!!  Lets take a simple to understand scenarios, get an answer to it, then start throwing in(up) every conceivable unrelated variation headlined with "but what if"

I bet we can get this sucker to three pages even though the answer us already on file.

Batter Up!! 

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
5 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Pop Corn, Peanuts, Cracker Jacks .... get yer Cold Beer Here!!  Lets take a simple to understand scenarios, get an answer to it, then start throwing in(up) every conceivable unrelated variation headlined with "but what if"

I bet we can get this sucker to three pages even though the answer us already on file.

Batter Up!! 

This is all caused by CLIMATE CHANGE  and CHEM TRAILS:D:D

I wish they wud put it up front, whatever you called that, sooo EVERYONE cud see it

9 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

I wish they wud put it up front, whatever you called that, sooo EVERYONE cud see it

That would be great if EVERYONE read the wire ;)

This is the full text of the email sent to the ROC...to which all who replied agreed:

"WtC?"
Rifle = 10 + 1 (reload after firing the first 10 rounds)
Shooter fires first 10 shots, sets rifle down open & empty; T/O reminds shooter to "LOAD ONE!"
With rifle remaining on the table, shooter closes lever, DECOCKS HAMMER, then loads one round into the loading gate; picks up rifle, levers round into chamber & engages last target.
DECOCKING PENALTY? or NO CALL?

IMO, this should be a NO CALL:
1) Shooter is NOT "decocking to avoid a penalty..." (see 1st & 3rd SHB references below)
2) Shooter is not decocking on an unfired round (rifle is empty)
3) Shooter is under the observation of the T/O
4) Shooter closed lever and decocked hammer the same method as when loading at the loading table.
(force of habit to avoid the SDQ for coming to the line with the hammer cocked)

- No firearm may be de-cocked on the firing line to avoid a penalty if cocked at the wrong time, position or location once a round has gone downrange. 
SHB p.14

- De-cocking a revolver, rifle, or hammered shotgun without positive direction to do so from the CRO/TO. 
SHB p.22 "Stage DQs"

Decocking to avoid a penalty if cocked at the wrong time, position or location 
SHB p.41 "Pocket RO Card"

Related question re revolver (full 5-round reload) Colt-style revolver/loads on half-cock:
Shooter clears empties from first revolver, loads 5 rounds, spins cylinder (checking for high primers)
indexes to see empty chamber from the side; brings hammer to full-cock & lowers on empty chamber; recocks hammer to begin firing.
Same conditions as for the rifle apply...also a NO CALL, IMO.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:32 PM, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

It's called Pinned

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

It's called Pinned

I reposted the text of the initial email response from the ROC with a request to the Moderators to "pin" it to the Wires as an "information only" post.

Archived