SASS Wire Forum

another of Dillon's little secrets

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

:  Dillon does it again (but doesn’t tell anyone.)  Once upon a time I had a friend that had more money than brains and owed me a favor.  Cutting to the chase, he gave me his Dillon RF-100 auto primer filler machine.  Since I love toys I went about getting it back in shape—fun is where you find it.

Anyway, the machine has a small flat plastic plate #17294 that keeps primers from flipping before they go down the tube.  After a number of Houston summers this plate warped and I had to hold it slightly up to make it work—so much for the automatic feature.

Emailed Dillon and they sent me a free part BUT this part has been upgraded.  It’s twice as thick, made out a different plastic and has an “S” on it instead of the “A” or “B” like the original ones.

Of course it works better but much like there at least 3 redesigns of the SDB handle you don’t know about it till you email them for replacement parts.

So now you know . . .

I was all set to buy the Dillon auto primer filler, but after a trip to the wire found that there's more negative reports than positive. So, I decided I didn't need the pain. Now, the new version of the Mr. Bulletfeeder works like a champ, & I highly recommend it.

I have both the RF100 primer tube feeder and the bullet feeder, and have to  agree, the primer tube filler is not real high on my list of favored Dillon items. It in all honesty SUCKS!  The Mr. Bullet feeder however is great>

1 hour ago, Toranado, SASS # 58447 said:

Have 2 rf100’s ( one large, one small).    Work flawlessly for years.   New upgrade with variable speed delivers 100% perfect stacked primers for me.   So if you haven’t upgraded to the variable speed (slight fee). Well worth it!!

I gave up on mine and it is a variable speed. It never loaded Federal LP primers without hanging up numerous times on a hundred primers and I’ve replaced parts and still have problems with all makes of primers. Dillon hasn’t been a whole lot of help. The only Dillon product that I wouldn’t recommend.

9 hours ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

After a lot of frustration I found that if I put a small piece of of the thin cardboard from my primer box under the plate mine works just fine. 

Which plate?

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

Which plate?

The plastic "plate" #17294 that Cheyenne Ranger talked about. I just tear a small piece off my cardboard primer box primer and put it under the plate as close to the hold down screw as I can get it. Works for me, but it does require occasional readjusting. 

Archived