SASS Wire Forum

SOLD -Colt 1991 Government - SOLD

Knucky McPee

Selling my like new Colt 1991 Government 45ACP.  All paperwork and original box.  I'm the original owner.  Selling this so I can fix up my Nighthawk Predator for wild bunch matches.

• 7+1 magazine.
  • Standard grip safety
  • Spur hammer
  • Thumb safety
  • Lowered ejection port
  • High-profile white-dot sights
  • Diamond checkered rosewood grips

I used this gun for one wild bunch match and that is it.  There isn't a mark on it.  To your FFL for $800

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

Hey Cap.,

Is this a series 70 or 80 action? Would this be dealer to dealer or private party to dealer? I will say that I will take it but I will have to check on the new gun laws here. My gun shop opens at ten a.m.. Will contact soon after talking to my dealer. Thanks for your Service to Our Country. and that of your Son's as well.

BUGGY O'

SASS# 48243

The 1991 model is series 80.

I had one identical to this. Great gun. Like a moron I sold mine. :blink:

Hear is some great 1991 info.

They are great guns .

dsk
Jun 27, 2005 · #2

1991 vs. 1911

In case you are wondering what the differences are between these pistols..... there really aren't any significant ones. The M1991A1 (or simply "1991") is just another version of Colt's 1911-type pistol, and as its name implies was introduced to the market late in 1991. The name "M1991A1" was little more than some Colt marketing exec's clever spin on the original US militaryM1911A1 designation. It was a basic Series 80 pistolwith less frills than a standard blued ColtGovernment Model which enabled it to sell at a lower price point, and thus better compete with the SpringfieldArmory and Norinco pistolsthat at the time were starting to chip away significantly at Colt's market share. The 1991's no-nonsense militaryappearance was actually promoted in Colt's advertisements for the pistol, and in fact the serial number range purposely picked up where the original US military contract pistolsleft off in 1945. This was in spite of the fact that the new pistol was a modern Series 80 version of the 1911, and not a truly accurate reproduction of the original government-issue pistols. "No frills" features included the matte Parkerized finish (later changed to matte blue after a couple of years), black plastic checkered grips (which had a tendency to crack and were soon replaced with similar ones made of rubber), a nylon mainspring housing (flat serrated type) and nylon trigger pad (long smooth-faced style), plain black high-profile sights and a simple "COLT M1991A1" slide rollmark. Aside from these changes they were made to the same quality standards as all other Series 80 Colt pistols of the same era, although a year after the M1991A1 was introduced the rest of Colt's 1911 line received some pretty radical external changes in the form of their so-called "Enhanced" line of pistols. Around 1995 or so a stainless version of the M1991A1 was also introduced.

8 hours ago, Buggy O'BenSHOOTER said:

Hey Cap.,

Is this a series 70 or 80 action? Would this be dealer to dealer or private party to dealer? I will say that I will take it but I will have to check on the new gun laws here. My gun shop opens at ten a.m.. Will contact soon after talking to my dealer. Thanks for your Service to Our Country. and that of your Son's as well.

BUGGY O'

SASS# 48243

Hi Buggy O'. This is a series 80 and it will ship from my FFL to you FFL or dealer.  All we need is a copy of your gun shops FFL and my FFL will ship to him.  Let me know what you find out.  Like Dantankerous and Brett Black says it is a great gun.

I have the stainless steel version. I have done absolutely nothing to mine and it shoots ridiculously well. I take it with me on every range trip just in case I am having one of those bad shooting days just to prove to myself I actually can shoot. At 25 yards, mine will tear the center out of the target pretty quickly. Fantastic gun indeed.

Hey Cap.,

I have talked to My FFL. and he says I can't bring the gun into California because that model of Colt has not been drop tested. I have two more FFL's that I deal with but unfortunately they are closed today. If you could grant me another day??? If you can sell to someone else that's fine also. Thanks

BUGGY O'

12 minutes ago, Buggy O'BenSHOOTER said:

Hey Cap.,

I have talked to My FFL. and he says I can't bring the gun into California because that model of Colt has not been drop tested. I have two more FFL's that I deal with but unfortunately they are closed today. If you could grant me another day??? If you can sell to someone else that's fine also. Thanks

BUGGY O'

No problem.  Hope you can find someone.  

30 minutes ago, Sgt. Saywut said:

I can NOT believe the sheer inanity of the California gun laws...

There's enough California bashing in the saloon on a daily basis. We don't need it here.

And while I am not a supporter of these laws, this one Colt did to themselves by not bothering to renew. I believe it was right around the time of their bankruptcy filing, so maybe they had bigger issues to deal with at the time. But it's time for them to get back into the game again. Everyone else renews theirs.

Heck, I can't believe this 1911 ain't been bought yet.

:o

5 hours ago, Buggy O'BenSHOOTER said:

Hey Cap.,

BUGGY O'

Make sure your receiving FFL understands it's a private party sale, of a used handgun, across state lines.

Best of luck,

OLG

Hey Cap.,

The news is all bad, Colt Isn't on some state roster so anything newer than 50 years can't be brought into California or someone living in California now with one can sell it in California. So again I must say thank you for your patience, and understanding. But it just isn't in the cards.

BUGGY O' 

1 hour ago, Buggy O'BenSHOOTER said:

Hey Cap.,

The news is all bad, Colt Isn't on some state roster so anything newer than 50 years can't be brought into California or someone living in California now with one can sell it in California. So again I must say thank you for your patience, and understanding. But it just isn't in the cards.

BUGGY O' 

No problem Buggy O'.  

Captain, sorry for butting in , but

try the bbl from the Colt in the Predator and see if it works, if it does you can just swap it back and forth as needed

just a thought and worth what you paid for it.........

Archived