SASS Wire Forum

2018 ~ CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN ~ 2018 **UPDATE 3-31-18**

Major Art Tillery

... Yep, I am at it again :ph34r:... different club, but the same great fun...

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN

~2018~

YOU'VE BEEN CALLED....

Are You Tough Enough To Accept The Challenge?

For 2018 in conjunction with the Nebraska State Championship, April 13-15,  I am calling out all Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across the country!  That is right a challenge for a showdown on the prairie in Nebraska has been issued!  Do You Accept?

It takes a certain person to shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl category, with all the clothing, firearm, caliber, and such requirements... it truly takes dedication.   I have shot with many great folks in a few surrounding states that are great examples of Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls.  But I want to shoot with MORE OF YOU FINE FOLKS AND BATTLE IT OUT WITH A BIG GROUP OF CLASSIC SHOOTERS!  So come on...  accept the challenge and sign up for the 2018 Nebraska State Cowboy Action Shooting Championship.  All you have to do is sign up as either Classic Cowboy Or Classic Cowgirl to be entered in the SHOWDOWN.   If you have ever wanted to give the category a try now is your chance, and learn some things from those that have been shooting it for a while. 

I will be putting up a custom buckle for the event if we can get at least five (Classic Cowboy) shooters signed up for it (Five Classic Cowgirls for a Buckle).. and possibly some other awards TBD.

Below is the link for the entry.... https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/2018-nebraska-state-sass-championship.pdf

(All Shooters are encouraged to attend the Nebraska State Match.. but I am just picking a fight with the Classics :ph34r:... all in good fun of course :P)

BUCKLE ARRIVED!! 12-4-17

5a2613745b8ed_IMG_20171204_2109392762.thumb.jpg.55f2078df68d538d5d03f4969a6bdf84.jpg

SO COME ON LETS HAVE SOME FUN

** MAJOR ART TILLERY **

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirls Attending

**(1-29-18)**

Stirrup Trouble

Major Art Tillery

Dantankerous

Pony Soldier

Kalapaki George

High Plains HUD

Asa Smith

Sam McNeely

Abilene Slim

Pit Mule

Chili Pepper Kid

Rattlesnake Russ

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lack only the big bore pistols and rifle, or I'd join you in classic for that match.  If anyone wanted to donate me a pair of rugers in 45 and a 73 in 45... LOL :D

I will be there to cheer you all on though!

I think you need to award not only top Classic, but Spirit of the Classic as well.

22 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

I lack only the big bore pistols and rifle, or I'd join you in classic for that match.  If anyone wanted to donate me a pair of rugers in 45 and a 73 in 45... LOL :D

I will be there to cheer you all on though!

I think you need to award not only top Classic, but Spirit of the Classic as well.

I got spare guns pard and ammo in 44-40 if you want to give it a try.  Your more then welcome!

10 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

I got spare guns pard and ammo in 44-40 if you want to give it a try.  Your more then welcome!

A kind offer, we'll see how I'm thinking about it come spring right before the match, I might take you up on it.

15 minutes ago, Marie Laveau said:

Well here I am thinking I need to get these days off work and come shoot with y'all!

You look like you are coming down with something. I think you should call in sick :)

Best match ever! You'll enjoy it Major!!

16 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Sure is! 

Just mailed off my entry to your big shoot next year... Going to bring a buddy with me that has never experienced the Bar 3!

Just sent off my applications for both of those matches. I caint not let my obnoxious little brother have all the fun by himself. :o

5 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Just sent off my applications for both of those matches. I caint not let my obnoxious little brother have all the fun by himself. :o

Obnoxious!!??? ME?  Well geesh and to think this time I was going to let you beat me.;)

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Obnoxious!!??? ME?  Well geesh and to think this time I was going to let you beat me.;)

Yes you are obnoxious but ain't no one can tell that cause yer always sportin' that "Who, me?" sheepish grin. And yer too quiet. Cain't never know what yer postulating.

In fact, yer so durn obnoxious I has dun invented a new fer describing you. You is Major Obnoxiousizer.

7 hours ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

Ellie sent our entry in,, We will be there with bells on... Thanks for putting on a great event for the Classic Cowboys. T-Bone Dooley

Be good to have you folks join us.

I enjoying sending out the challenge of a classic Showdown.  Gives me a chance to shoot with some fine folks that enjoy this category!  I hope it is something I can continue to do every year... 

Major Art Tillery

10 minutes ago, Grizzly Dave said:

I'll be there Major, will be only a little over 2 months post op from getting my knee replaced, so may be slow, or may not shoot, but no matter what, I WILL BE THERE!

GREAT!! Always good to see you Grizz!  If you can shoot are you going to go as a Classic?  I will help you with whatever you need if you want to shoot!

Well seven months ago I doubt the two of you could have done it, but there ain't as much of me as there used to be, so that might get it done!

T-Bone, always nice to have someone to limp along with!

Just gotta see how fast I heal and progress thru the rehab.  At least I finally have the surgery scheduled.  Been a long time coming.

I Challenge you to a Showdown Mister!!

So put them 38s away and grab you big boy guns and come shoot as a Classic for the Classic Cowboy Showdown!  (In conjunction with the Nebraska State March)

I Dare Ya!

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

:ph34r:

A20Christmas20Story20dare20tv-1.jpg.bc5cfb5ec3da5e78e186106fdccc872a.jpg

Archived