SASS Wire Forum

2018 ~ CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN ~ 2018 **UPDATE 3-31-18**

Major Art Tillery

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I am trying to figure out a way we could all get together for a meal or something... Anybody got an idea?

Would any of you folks be interested in getting together for maybe Breakfast Saturday or Sunday Morning of the match at Perkin's? They got some good food.. https://stores.perkinsrestaurants.com/us/ne/grand-island/106-wilmar-ave.html

Major

46 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

So I am trying to figure out a way we could all get together for a meal or something... Anybody got an idea?

Would any of you folks be interested in getting together for maybe Breakfast Saturday or Sunday Morning of the match at Perkin's? They got some good food.. https://stores.perkinsrestaurants.com/us/ne/grand-island/106-wilmar-ave.html

Major

Tentatively count me in, depending on what all I have going on and how many plates I have spinning 

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Major

I’m in. I’m at the motel 6.  Is Perkins nearby?

Keep me posted. 

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Keep me posted. 

Another vote for something. 

Please keep us posted.

10 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Keep me posted. 

Assuming you mean the Motel 6 by the interstate, Perkins is straight north on 281 on the right just past Hwy 30 and not far from the range. Probably about 15 minutes from the hotel

On 1/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Hey Major I think Asa spells his name with two a's.  Might check your list:lol:

Thanks for looking out for me Hud!

Didn't see it before the correction, but I can imagine!!

Major, that name calling is only for face to face!:lol:

On 3/3/2018 at 10:42 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Keep me posted. 

Insanity and I are up(or down) for dinner.

Slim, after living in KC everything is close in GI...:lol:

On 3/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, Asa Smith said:

Thanks for looking out for me Hud!

Didn't see it before the correction, but I can imagine!!

Major, that name calling is only for face to face!:lol:

I appogize Asa... I would never dare to call you out in such a way.  :ph34r:

Sure glad your coming to join the fun.

Would you two be open for a breakfast get together? 

On 3/3/2018 at 9:37 PM, StirrupTrouble said:

Tentatively count me in, depending on what all I have going on and how many plates I have spinning 

Say Stirrup, when does the main match kick off?  If we wanted to get together for a breakfast what time you think it would have to happen by?

For those that have not previously picked up shooter packs,7:30am they will be available. Shooter meeting under the pavilion by the bays at 8:30 with lead flying about 9am

• 2 weeks later...

Put me down for a tentative yes depending on how many plates I am spinning that morning

Well I added a little something for second and third place in the Classic Cowboy Showdown!

I think they are very cool and hope the one that receives them thinks so too!  Even has a little 1800s flair! 

Second Place  front/back -

prospector-1oz-round-obverse.jpg.f6d48c8d57b9fb111caeee1e60d65d58.jpg

prospector-1oz-round-reverse.jpg.2ab495ff345818e4f2aa3abe71466e75.jpg

Third place front/back -

prospector-copper-rnd-obverse_1_.jpg.b1360636a84136de15f7e8fc0e5d9ed1.jpg

prospector-copper-rnd-reverse_1_.jpg.e805cad9a6c6f46aa89e0228c90e189f.jpg

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Doubt I'll be in the running for one, but them are cool!

Abilene, we can just make the others look good :)

1 hour ago, Grizzly Dave said:

Very cool, and very nice of you Major!

Thanks, they look awesome!  Just a little something I can do... Look at the line up of competitors I get the pleasure to shoot with in the Classic Cowboy Category!  12 Classic Cowboys... That is just awesome!

Major you are quite the fella. Thank you for your effort and time snd money in doing this. Those medallions are really really cool looking!!! Thanks again. And you are right wow 12 classic cowboys . And fine fellers to boot!

On 3/28/2018 at 10:30 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

So I am kind of thinking of a breakfast get together on Sunday morning... Maybe say 6:30 at Perkin's...

Yes ?

NO?

COMMENTS?

Sounds good!! Get ya filled up with flapjacks!!! Thatll slow you youngins down!

Awright, so whadya think? The only legal guns I have for CC are an '87 lever shotgun, a pair of Open Tops and an 1860 Henry. Was planning to shoot smokeless because of the '87, but now I'm thinking going whole hog with real BP smoke & thunder. I have no chance of placing unless y'all are chokin' and eyes watering, so what the h**l. Do style points count?  :D

2 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Awright, so whadya think? The only guns legal guns I have for CC are an '87 lever shotgun, a pair of Open Tops and an 1860 Henry. Was planning to shoot smokeless because of the '87, but now I'm thinking going whole hog with BP and smokin' & boomin' y'all out. I have no chance of placing unless y'all are chokin' and eyes watering, so what the h**l. Do style points count?  :D

That just sounds awesome!!!  So glad your joining classic for the weekend!

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Beans and bacon.. to umm "gas" the competition :ph34r:

mmmmmmmmm....Lima Beans

4 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Awright, so whadya think? The only legal guns I have for CC are an '87 lever shotgun, a pair of Open Tops and an 1860 Henry. Was planning to shoot smokeless because of the '87, but now I'm thinking going whole hog with real BP smoke & thunder. I have no chance of placing unless y'all are chokin' and eyes watering, so what the h**l. Do style points count?  :D

Smokeless with the '87? What fun issat? My '87 LOVES BP! Go for it! A BOOM is always more funner than a bang anyway.  

Archived