SASS Wire Forum

2018 ~ CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN ~ 2018 **UPDATE 3-31-18**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gonna be retired then.Maybe take you up on it.

How bout Classic Classic shootin BP?

Largo

1 hour ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

Be glad to have you!

15 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

It would be great to have shoot at the Nebraska State Championship!  I sure hope you can make it... Feel free to shoot BP Classic Cowboy.  It will get you entered into the showdown for the buckle!   I do occasionally, just seems right! B) 

On 12/22/2017 at 9:29 AM, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

Boy I would love to come, but that is the same time as the Texas State Championship in Fredericksburg. Have to go there to defend my title.

I can understand that... i would want to do that as well. 

If folks keep showing interest in this "showdown" I will probably do it again in 2019 at some match... I will keep you informed if you are interested.

16 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

We are now up to NINE classics

This is turning out great!  But we need more!!  

If we can hit 10 classics I will put something else up for second place for the showdown!

So jump off the fence and sign up folks!

I have not registered YET...Hars the deal...As the reigning Classic Cowboy Of The Year, I figure my fellow Classic Cowboys should cover my bar tabs and legal fees in order fer me to grace yore presence.

BTW I've set a new personal record fer keeping a New Years Resolution...This year i'm only drinking the good stuff.

I'm gonna make this one, Stirrup and Art. My new knee will up and running by then and I've never shot Classic Cowboy before. Seems like a great opportunity to try 'em both out. That'll make 10 for you Art. App and check filled out and will go in Sat. mail!

Should be a hoot for the posse members as the only CC legal shotgun I own is my '87. I can hear the train whistle already!  I'll also have my Uberti Henry smoothed up by then as well my Uberti '72 Open Tops. Haven't had them out of the safe for awhile.

Art, Dan and Hud -- will you be shooting BP or smokeless?

OK well Sounds like we are going to have to maybe sit a can out for donations for ole Chili Pepper. Anybody want to Adopt him.:lol:.

Congrats again on award well deserved!!

Abilene I plan on shooting smokeless.

Hey Major I think Asa spells his name with two a's.  Might check your list:lol:

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I'm gonna make this one, Stirrup and Art. My new knee will up and running by then and I've never shot Classic Cowboy before. Seems like a great opportunity to try 'em both out. That'll make 10 for you Art. App and check filled out and will go in Sat. mail!

Should be a hoot for the posse members as the only CC legal shotgun I own is my '87. I can hear the train whistle already!  I'll also have my Uberti Henry smoothed up by then as well my Uberti '72 Open Tops. Haven't had them out of the safe for awhile.

Hey Slim!  When did you git yer new knee?  We'll have to compare scars LOL.

1 hour ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

OK well Sounds like we are going to have to maybe sit a can out for donations for ole Chili Pepper. Anybody want to Adopt him.:lol:.

Congrats again on award well deserved!!

Abilene I plan on shooting smokeless.

Hey Major I think Asa spells his name with two a's.  Might check your list:lol:

Geesh... How embarrassing, that is what I get for trying to update the post from my cellphone.  Got it changed.. that k HUD.

And who is going to be in charge of watching ole Chili Pepper and make sure he is staying out trouble?  He just has to come play Cowboy with us!

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That is great that your attending!  That will be fun to watch you shoot that assortment of firearms!  Me I plan on shooting Smokeless this go around. 

But Black Powder in May at Butterfield Gulch for sure!

Well sounds like I better come up with another award since we hit 10!  This is going to be fun fellas!!

12 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Geesh... How embarrassing, that is what I get for trying to update the post from my cellphone.  Got it changed.. that k HUD.

And who is going to be in charge of watching ole Chili Pepper and make sure he is staying out trouble?  He just has to come play Cowboy with us!

By God major when you call em out you really call em out!!

Asa been called worse!

21 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Probably smokeless. but that don't mean I might change my mind the day before the match and do sumthin' stoopid like break out the Henry, Open Tops, my '87 and a crate of Black stuff.

What I WON'T be doing is shooting CCFCGFJW. Ain't that right, little brother?

:huh:

I just heard from another Kansas shooter tonight. Sounds like Southern Gentleman may be joining us and may be shooting Classic. Major, I think we corrupted him :)

6 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Probably smokeless. but that don't mean I might change my mind the day before the match and do sumthin' stoopid like break out the Henry, Open Tops, my '87 and a crate of Black stuff.

What I WON'T be doing is shooting CCFCGFJW. Ain't that right, little brother?

:huh:

You won't?  Well come on... You had fun :P

4 hours ago, StirrupTrouble said:

I just heard from another Kansas shooter tonight. Sounds like Southern Gentleman may be joining us and may be shooting Classic. Major, I think we corrupted him :)

I sure hope we did!  I know he picked up a Hammered Shotgun... That makes eleven!  Heck yeah!!

On 1/15/2018 at 11:56 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

So I have heard another classic is joining the fun.. so that would make 12!  Wow this is going to be awesome.  Maybe we can hit 15!  

Who is in for a classic Cowboy group photo?

Ain't all us Classic's gonna break any picture machine with our purdiness?

8 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Ain't all us Classic's gonna break any picture machine with our purdiness?

My ugly mug might break a camera... That is why I just stand back while all the pretty ladies come up and ask for you picture big brother.  

I hear Stirrup got the entry from the one.. the only... CHILI PEPPER KID!! 

So I believe that takes us up to 13 classics!! Heck yeah!

I got some second and third place awards ordered for the Showdown!  They are pretty cool!

Let's get two more and make  15!!

9 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

I hear Stirrup got the entry from the one.. the only... CHILI PEPPER KID!! 

So I believe that takes us up to 13 classics!! Heck yeah!

I got some second and third place awards ordered for the Showdown!  They are pretty cool!

Let's get two more and make  15!!

Ya had doubts? I can't let y'all have fun without me!!

Archived