SASS Wire Forum

DVD ?

Alpo

Actually, the machine.

Does anyone have (do they even make) a player where you can stop the movie, and then when you start it again it picks up at the same place?

I don't mean PAUSE. I'd hate to leave one on pause for 15, 20 hours or so.

Was watching A Day At The Races, and it was late and I was tired, so I stopped it and went to bed.

Next night I start it again, and had to fast forward through half the movie to get to where I'd been.

If it'd been a VHS tape, it woulda been right where I stopped it, but DVD players (at least all three DVD players I have experience with) always start at the beginning.

Mine will keep my place. What's better is that if I were to shut off my dvd player it'll go back about a minute in the movie from where I stopped. I really like it.

Yeah. I have a couple you can stop and you pick.....to start over or pick up where you stopped.

Mine keeps it place too. Don't know why. I certainly did not program anything to do this. 

Howdy,

Go ahead and get a little Samsung blu ray player.

Not at all expensive and they hold the stop point fine.

And they only take about five minutes to connect these days.

Get one at Target and if it doesn't work like you want just take it back and

try another one.

You don't have to get fancy or expensive.

I liked the cheapest one on the shelf.  It burned up from a lightning storm.

I tried two more to get one I liked afterwards.

Best

CR

Check out your manual, should be an explaination in it.

with mine, when my dvd player starts flashing 'loading' on the screen, after I turn it on, or instert a new disc, I hit the play button, and it will remember where to start.  If I do nothing, and let the player finish the loading sequence, it starts from the beginning.

Archived