SASS Wire Forum

Need Help with ideas dressing up the range

Howlin' Wolf

Howdy ALL,

I need some photos or ideas for dressing up a range that we cannot build on. Its flat and rocky but i wanted to build some fold-able props that we can put away at the end of the day, I.e a coyote, socorrow cactus and such. I am sure i have seen them before. I looks like its in two pieces and they fit together like a puzzel. Anyway i need photos to seen to a guy so he can build them. Anything helps.

email: Howlinwolf2017@outlook.com

Thank you

Howlin Wolf

Checkout winter ranges stages they usually have photos along with the info from the book posted online. They have it down to a science.

Ivy said thanks grizz.

seriously guys i need some help with this, it has to be stuff that i can put up and take down in one shoot. I know some of you have pics or blue prints

Plywood campfire

Horse/cow long gun racks down range for a herd.

Hangman noose hanging around a bonus clay.

Wagon wheels.

Plywood cigar Indian.

Plywood whiskey bottles.

We have plywood trees, cacti, fences that break down, tree stumps, plywood rabbits, plywood coyotes, etc. Find someone with a sawmill and they will probably give you some slash and scrap you can use for all kinds of stuff. The wind switched direction one day and we had an abundance of tumble weeds. The tumble weeds were used for props, we piled them around targets and tables. They blew away the next day. Stop by the house and I can load you up with slash from the sawmill and I've got plenty of rough cut lumber for sale. You can trace out our props if you want.

You might have luck just going to different clubs web pages and taking a look at their pictures. Most clubs have a page of pictures that shows you their stages, might be a good place to start at least. You know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

4 X 8 panels that can be linked together with hinges can easily be put together for store fronts. (Nice for annual shoots)

Lowes sells pre-made wooden fences 4' high.

We have plywood trees, cacti, fences that break down, tree stumps, plywood rabbits, plywood coyotes, etc. Find someone with a sawmill and they will probably give you some slash and scrap you can use for all kinds of stuff. The wind switched direction one day and we had an abundance of tumble weeds. The tumble weeds were used for props, we piled them around targets and tables. They blew away the next day. Stop by the house and I can load you up with slash from the sawmill and I've got plenty of rough cut lumber for sale. You can trace out our props if you want.

If i was closer i would take you up on this, and deep down i know this is just a ploy to get us to come to HOW :)

If i was closer i would take you up on this, and deep down i know this is just a ploy to get us to come to HOW :)

HW, I'm sure you get over this way occasionally. Especially when you visit your daughter and future son in law. It's only an 8 hour drive. ;)

Do a search for plywood yard art. Or yard art patterns. You can get some great ideas there. Wished I could dig out some pics from our old range. Lots of painted wooden items for decorations. Cows, indians, camp fires, tombstones, etc

Working roulette wheel.

Numbers 1-5 indicated which target to engage first.

Suit of card, which target to engage first.

Beautiful dressed dummy for bar maid.

Do a search for plywood yard art. Or yard art patterns. You can get some great ideas there. Wished I could dig out some pics from our old range. Lots of painted wooden items for decorations. Cows, indians, camp fires, tombstones, etc

Genius this is what i was looking for....

Archived