SASS Wire Forum

Destroy radical Islam, not the right of law-abiding Americans to protect themselves

Allegiance

Destroy radical Islam, not the right of law-abiding Americans to protect themselves.
636014391241256091-AP-NRA-CONVENTION-820

Chris W. Cox

(Photo: Mark Humphrey, AP)

Americans were shocked and disgusted to learn of another act of terrorism on our soil, this time in Orlando. In the aftermath of this terrorist attack, President Obama and Hillary Clinton renewed calls for more gun control, including a ban on whole categories of semi-automatic firearms. They are desperate to create the illusion that they’re doing something to protect us because their policies can’t and won’t keep us safe. This transparent head-fake should scare every American, because it will do nothing to prevent the next attack.

The terrorist in Orlando had been investigated multiple times by the FBI. He had a government-approved security guard license with a contractor for the Department of Homeland Security. Yet his former co-workers reported violent and racist comments. Unfortunately, the Obama administration’s political correctness prevented anything from being done about it.

Radical Islamic terrorists are not deterred by gun control laws. The San Bernardino terrorist attack wasn’t stopped by California’s so-called “assault weapons” ban. The gun ban in Brussels didn’t prevent the terrorist attack there. And France’s strict gun control didn’t stop the two attacks in Paris, committed with fully-automatic rifles and grenades.

Repeating the same thing but expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. Law-abiding gun owners are tired of being blamed for the acts of madmen and terrorists. Semi-automatics are the most popular firearms sold in America for sport-shooting, hunting and self-defense.

Congress banned their manufacture for 10 years, from 1994 to 2004. The law also mandated an independent study on its effectiveness. The study proved the ban had no impact because criminals and terrorists are not deterred by gun control laws. To suggest otherwise provides a dangerous sense of false security. We don’t need false promises. We need real leadership.

It’s time for us to admit that radical Islam is a hate crime waiting to happen. The only way to defeat them is to destroy them — not destroy the right of law-abiding Americans to defend ourselves.

Chris W. Cox is executive director of the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action.

We are told not to blame all muslims for the acts of a few, but its ok to blame all gun owners for the acts of a few?? What am I missing?

Well, certainly not common sense. Unlike the leadership of this country..........

We are told not to blame all muslims for the acts of a few, but its ok to blame all gun owners for the acts of a few?? What am I missing?

One of the more profound observations I've seen in a while. I'll be using this one.

Islam is a religion of peace. What? You guys don't trust what the president says?

I understand the subject of Islamic terrorism is a hot topic these days...rightfully so and it stirs patriotic passion for sure but let's ensure we keep this forum 2A focused.

You all have been doing a good job staying focused on 2A issues so just a reminder not to stray into other areas of the political battlefield... No matter how tempting! 👌

Thank you

Unfortunately Colonel the government is quelling the subject of radical Islam and is blaming the 2nd-Amendment for these atrocities. Glad that folks here can see the light.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

GG, I'm also very thankful for these Team SASS folks. It will require such patriots to save this country...and that is not hyperbole on my part.

Soldier on my friends...

GG, I'm also very thankful for these Team SASS folks. It will require such patriots to save this country...and that is not hyperbole on my part.

Soldier on my friends...

Amen Amen Amen!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived