SASS Wire Forum

Ariat Lacers in Classic Cowboy

Null N. Void

The section for Classic Cowboy dress in the shooters handbook says:

"Boots are required and must be of traditional design with non-grip enhancing (i.e. ―NO Lug‖) soles. Moccasins are not allowed."

Just to prevent some confusion, does this mean Ariat Lacers are allowed. I was told no, but I think yes. All other requirements of CC would be met.

Thanks,

Null N. void

Go back and reread the rules for CC.. You were close. No lace up boots are allowed.

Not true - lace ups not allowed in B Western, OK in CC.

Go back and reread the rules for CC.. You were close. No lace up boots are allowed.

I believe you're confusing CC regs with BW restrictions.

REF: SHB pp.16-17.

Lace-up packers & ropers are allowed in Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl.

ya caught me before I could delete my post.

I've had to do that tooooooo many times (delete posts) :o:D

Like PWB says, legal. I wore a pair of lace up packers for the first few years that I shot CC...

Come to think of it, I may have to dig those back out. Thanks for reminding me! :D

I've switched from my earthwalkers about two years ago to my lace up diabetes boots the va gets for me they just feel better on my feet at the end of the day. I shoot classic cowboy and had them checked out at one annual event by capt Baylor and mica McGuire and at EOT and WR this past events by the ros that checked the CCs. I'm thinking of trying my Earthwalker lace ups one day and maybe my pull on earthwalkers another day if things go well.

Archived