SASS Wire Forum

Page 3

Here it is Tuesday evening, three days since the last post.

OK. More Canadiana:

211801668-1192955781209869-5135549082052900590-n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Justin is looking for a New Lady Friend, must have an IQ of at least 2, which is double his IQ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Time to get with da Grump Program...

No more smiling.

Laughter is expected .

The drinking of Strong Coffee, with other Strong drinks is to be expected...

The Keeping of Younkers of da Lawn is every Grumps Job...

Just remember to push them into the ravine ... Dead or Alive...

No sissy Drinks with parasols alowed...

Not Git often da Lawn !!!

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crickets are Toxic to Humans.... So says a biologist I know personally...

Just what are the Liebrals up to ?

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

I’m not sure that I can develop a taste for insects!  I’ve had many tastes of different bugs with my uncounted miles on motorcycles.  

Wasn’t a damned one of ‘em the least bit tasty!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Especially June bugs and whatever the big ones that leave a bright yellow gunk on ya! Got a big ole nasty bruise and almost knocked off a Honda 305 by a June Bug. Thought I'd been shot!

• Sad 1

Just now, Eyesa Horg said:

Especially June bugs and whatever the big ones that leave a bright yellow gunk on ya! Got a big ole nasty bruise and almost knocked off a Honda 305 by a June Bug. Thought I'd been shot!

Got hit in the mouth by a full grown rhino beetle one morning on the way to work. It hit so hard that the tears in my eyes made me pull over.  Before I got stopped, I could see my lip swelling out past my nose.

When I got stopped, while I was collecting myself, that damned beetle got up and flew off.  

It was all I could do to keep from pulling out my carry weapon and taking a shot at the b@st@rd!!! :angry: :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can recall two memorable bug / Motorcycle adventures.  First date, pretty blond on the pillion seat, a wasp got inside the leg of my jeans.  Pulled over to the side, had her hold the bike and got out of boots and jeans fast.  Fortunately she had a sense of humor.  Second was riding along a beautiful country road by myself.  Hit an entire cloud of tiny insects.  Face shield opaque, leather and the front of my jeans a sticky, yellow mess.  No idea what they were to this day.  I ain't eating bugs.  The end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Got hit in the mouth by a full grown rhino beetle one morning on the way to work. It hit so hard that the tears in my eyes made me pull over.  Before I got stopped, I could see my lip swelling out past my nose.

When I got stopped, while I was collecting myself, that damned beetle got up and flew off.  

It was all I could do to keep from pulling out my carry weapon and taking a shot at the b@st@rd!!! :angry: :lol:

That sounds really nasty. Don't blame ya for wantin to shoot the bastard!

Gawd Blackwater, I had to look up that sucker. They can grow to 6 inches, holy crap!! Musta been like gettin hit in the teeth by a puck! Glad we don't have them!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Added text
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 3:40 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

That sounds really nasty. Don't blame ya for wantin to shoot the bastard!

Gawd Blackwater, I had to look up that sucker. They can grow to 6 inches, holy crap!! Musta been like gettin hit in the teeth by a puck! Glad we don't have them!

Yeah!  This one was probably just under 4”.

Took two or three days before the swelling in my lip went down. A week for the broken skin to heal!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Sad 3

CLK; 

Looks like the SASS Nationals will be closer to you next year just outside of Saskatoon...

And We will be hosting the SASS Western regionals....

Jabez Cowboy

A lot of what I want to  do is dependent on my knees. If you ever saw a video of me trying to get from position to position, to shoot, doing my Groucho Marx, bent knee "run" you'd understand.

Two year waiting list here at the General Hospital, but at least I'm back on the list.

Con: By then, I'll be 82, in 2025

Pro: They say the new procedures are good for 15 to 20 years, so I can be a REALLY GOFWG!

• Sad 1

COG had his knees done, says they work real fine,,,, But you can't really believe that old Codger...

Jabez Cowboy

• Haha 1

Hammered some steel at the Square Circle Wranglers home range this PM.

New brass sight on my '73 picks up nicely, so I'm hoping for a Clean Match next Saturday, w/o too much running.

Ruff Justice and Marshal MacPhee are going to try to make me even slower the following week though, at Ruff's Regulators, with the running those %4#@ &!%^ got planned. For EVERY STAGE!

• 4 weeks later...

Got a visit from the home health people this afternoon.  My foot doc is going to put me on a “wound-vac” machine to try to speed up the healing process.

We’ve done this two other times with some success.

I spent two hours answering questions that were already answered and did little else.

This has been a long and very frustrating process!

I DID get down to Wartrace on Saturday for the cookout that they put on for the Halloween shoot!  Even got Schoolmarm out to see a bunch of friends she hasn’t seen in years!

So now I get to sit on my tail even more while this next round of treatments goes on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's to hoping this does the trick for you.

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Friggin Otto again
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Shot the match at the Grenville Fish and Game Club in Prescott on Saturday.

CLEAN MATCH! No discussion about times, OK?

Recovered enough today to walk around a bit with out whining and groaning.

Must have been the moose roast Pierre dropped off and I cooked for supper.

Deer opens November 6 around here and i'll be missing that again. Knees just won't handle the walk or the dragging out.

Can't even take the SxS for some grouse. 

OK, Now I'm suitably GRUMPY.

Get off the dang lawn!

I use an ATV to get to the far reaches of my property. I walk/hobble the last little bit. Deer don't appear to be bothered by the machine. More than once I've jumped one lying down next to it when I came back!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I use an ATV to get to the far reaches of my property. I walk/hobble the last little bit. Deer don't appear to be bothered by the machine. More than once I've jumped one lying down next to it when I came back!

In winter around here, the deer will come in when they a motor running that sounds like a chain saw. They discovered that loggers trim the branches off, leaving the smaller stuff from the trees and that provides them with tender shoots and buds they would normally not be able to reach.

Too bad that they have already been eating cedar when that happens.

• Like 1

Well now ya bunch of Missfits and Grumps, Winter is getting started .....

Time to really cut loose...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Coffee and Pumpkin Cookies fer da Grumps...

Jabez Cowboy

I was thinkin’ sweet milk and Oreos!!

• Haha 1