SASS Wire Forum

LADY GAGA - Perfect Rendition, National Anthem

Cat Brules

I didn't see it until today. When I heard she was going to be singing, I was upset. I cannot stand the woman -- her music, her politics, her personality, her constant bashing of Jesus Christ and Christians, how she turns everything into a soap box for preaching gay marriage, etc. But, I have to admit, she wasn't bad this time.

I wish I didn't know a lot of celebrity's politics. It sure can spoil things.

Let's put Lady G's performance in the perspective of having endured the insulting, incompetent, inconsiderate, discourteous, disrespectful, etc. renditions of the Anthem by others. The comparison makes Lady G"s performance shine brightly, I think.

Then the game. It was well-played and exciting, with the defense teams hammering one another until the pressure cracked one more than the other and the winner emerged.

We've all seen Super Bowl games wherein the National Anthem was so badly performed we felt like not watching the game. And, we've seen SB games that were so one sided or so fraught with errors, that we either turned them off or engaged in other conversation, with the game becoming secondary.

Super Bowl 50 was great on both counts.....the game itself AND the National Anthem performance.

Go to YouTube and look at Roseanne Barrs rendition of our nations anthem and you'll see how bad it can be performed. My miniature schnauzers can sing it better than her. I'm not a Lady GaGa fan but she did an excellent job.

I wish I didn't know a lot of celebrity's politics. It sure can spoil things.

Laura Ingraham wrote a book titled, "Shut up and Sing", it was all about celebrities politics. ;)

I couldn't care less if she's a loony, liberal, devil worshipping, communist, vegan.

She done good. ;)

Archived