SASS Wire Forum

Cimmarron (SP?) 1873 short rifle in .44 spcl, what value?

Need to make room in safe for a M73 in .44-40 with a 24 inch barrel, what would be the value in a Cimmarron box with the paperwork? Since they aren't made anymore I would think they should be between 1,300 to 1,400? Appreciate any advice so I am not wasting anyone's time. Thanks.

Nimble Fingers

It's still listed on their website.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/1873-short-rifle-44-special-20-oct-barrel.html

$1300 seems to be retail. I guess age and condition of yours would make that price lower.

Yep.... true enough. Buffalo Arms has it in stock now for $1127.32 (kind of an odd price?)

https://www.buffaloarms.com/Firearms_Buffalo_Arms_Company_it-158935.aspx?CAT=3934

Anyway, if you put a description plus photos of yours you may get a better answer. Used/new , dings etc.

Your topic reads "Cimmarron (SP?) 1873 short rifle in .44 spcl, what value?" A short rifle typically has a 20" barrel. Your descripition talks about a 24" rifle in .44-40. What have you got? In either event they are both still made and have been in constant production for many years. Used prices are typically in the $800 to $900 dollar range.

Your topic reads "Cimmarron (SP?) 1873 short rifle in .44 spcl, what value?" A short rifle typically has a 20" barrel. Your descripition talks about a 24" rifle in .44-40. What have you got? In either event they are both still made and have been in constant production for many years. Used prices are typically in the $800 to $900 dollar range.

He mentioned he needs to get rid of the short barrel rifle to make room for the 44/40

But I think your price of $800-$900 is spot on for a used gun of this make and model.

Again, thank you gentlemen for your comments. Mine is a short, round barrel, and I am surprised that they are still being produced. I will price it accordingly and appreciate all the feedback.

Nimble Fingers

Archived