SASS Wire Forum

This is why I love Marines!

Artie Fly, SASS #25397

I wish the wounded marine a speedy and full recovery.

Ironically I was on that same train earlier this month.

There is no screening or security when you get on the train.

My wife and I travelled from Amsterdam to Paris and then back from Paris to Amsterdam a few days latter.

You have to love the marines, well done.

Lefty

I salute the Marines in honor of my passed on stepfather and good friend. A Marine to the core.

Salute.

No disrespect to the Corps! Stone, is however, an Air Force troop. One report has it that his thumb was nearly severed by a box cutter the terrorist was wielding, and that Stone underwent surgery at a Frence or Belgian hand clinic. Certainly hope they can fix him up. It would be a shape for his Air Force career to be stopped by his and his buddies' heroic actions! Not sure what awards they would be eligible for, but certainly deserved. At least a Purple Heart and an Air Force Commendation medal. Praise to the Brit that helped. Unfortunately, the perp is needed alive for questioning, or they should have finished him off! :angry::angry::angry:

Except it was a US airman, National Guardsman, a civilian from CA and a Brit. First repots are seldom correct. Title still sez Marines, but better identifies the heroes in the body.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3206426/U-S-Marines-armed-gunman-onboard-high-speed-train-Amsterdam-Paris.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

My mistake to repeat the first reporting, but still proud of our servicemen who responded. Heroes all.

Took them till today to get the story straight. Actually I am surprised that they managed to get it right this soon.

I one of the stories it was reported that one of the three was muzzle bumping the attacker in the head with the AK he took away from him.

I wonder if that is the correct term when using the barrel of a long gun instead of a pistol to get your point across. :D :D :D

I am proud of how they handled themselves.

....... Unfortunately, the perp is needed alive for questioning, or they should have finished him off! :angry::angry::angry:

My second thought.

My first thought, in reply to his "give me back my gun", would have been "I'll give you what's IN it!" :angry:

Sorry Bubba.

I'm a former Marine (and Army officer, too), but there were no Marines involved in this situation.

Archived