SASS Wire Forum

Ohio Folks

Ever hear of a place called

Conneaut, OH 44030?

Seems they have a big reenactment of the Normandy Landing each year.

Never heard of it. It is called D-Day conneaut. Found it on the CMP Forum.

Conneaut is Northeast Ohio, it's east of Cleveland.

Far northeast corner if memory serves, near Erie PA.

More than that I'd have to look up.

Thanks guys. Google shows it on the map. Never heard of this re enactment but apparently it gets

some attention in both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

According to the web page it has Higgins boats, aircraft, and all sorts of military hardware.

I have never been a fan of re-enactments because of the safety factors and the idea of

pointing even a blank firing weapon at other folks. But that is just me.

They have an amusement park there too! Great place! ;)

http://www.newconneautlakepark.com

Wrong Conneaut Lake This lake is a small lake in Meadville Pa. south of Erie

Enter this

Conneaut Township Park, Conneaut, Ohio

in Google Earth and it shows a large sandy beach along the lake. I have heard about but never been up there, might make the trip this year. Thanks for the reminder.

Charlie

According to the web site, it is in Ohio, Henry.

http://www.ddayohio.us/

The Conneaut Lake Park that is the amusement park is about 25 miles from me just outside of Meadville Pa. It's a very small recreational lake. The other one is on Lake Erie in Ohio 90 minutes from here

Have several that are re-enactors that participate in this. I was there several years ago. Pretty good, and watching the kids who are in awe. I'm sure some will walk away with some sense of maybe what their grandparents went through. Many are props, but thats an actual 8.8.

Safety is number 1 for this event. All blanks are accounted for and checked, not actually pointed at anybody. Same as this year when I was Wyatt Earp at a re-enactment. All loading was checked and each person only handed out the number of blanks they would be firing. Everything choregraphed and would fall and when, and when you would fire your firearm, never pointing directly at the person, but rather to the ground or side, and always low. Same in movies, or TV shows. Camera angles make it seem otherwise. MT

Thanks guys. Google shows it on the map. Never heard of this re enactment but apparently it gets

some attention in both Ohio and Pennsylvania.

According to the web page it has Higgins boats, aircraft, and all sorts of military hardware.

I have never been a fan of re-enactments because of the safety factors and the idea of

pointing even a blank firing weapon at other folks. But that is just me.

You are not alone in that.

Archived