SASS Wire Forum

In Pursuit of Honor

Caught up to a flick entitled "In Pursuit of Honor", evidently a made-for-cable movie from 1995. Don't know how this one got past me, but it did.

Don Johnson is a fictional MOH recipient cavalry Sgt. from the Mexican incursion, who later refuses to ride down the Bonus Army on MacArthur's order. Exiled to a remote post, he joins 4 others in an attempt to rescue 500 mounts that have been ordered destroyed, as the Army transitions from horse cavalry to a mechanized force.

Now, I know that there are numerous historical (and probably military) inaccuracies, but the movie was entertaining, and if I missed it, I figured some of you may have as well.

It's on HBO Go, if you have access.

Or on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6mABvgNhqE

Enjoy.

LL

I remember it. Seen it a few times. I recently scored a cavalry canteen and cover dated 1934.

A friend's dad was in the cavalry when they got rid of the last of the horses. He told him they barged them out in the gulf and ran them off into the water. ;(

I remember it. Seen it a few times. I recently scored a cavalry canteen and cover dated 1934.

A friend's dad was in the cavalry when they got rid of the last of the horses. He told him they barged them out in the gulf and ran them off into the water. ;(

Heard that also from an old timer that ran a dude ranch in Indiana and was also a cavalry man. He said they packed them into railcars so tight, many were crippled and were pulled out by those able to. No food nor water stops along the way as required for cattle, sheep, and hogs which were on their way to slaughter. A shame if so. MT

Never watched a movie on my tablet till today.....thanks for the heads up...still have my Dads Calvary lace up boots....Did not know about the horses...God bless us all for our ignorance ...Jim

I enjoyed the movie, except for the scene in which Don Johnson had to rack the slide on a 1911 pistol for every shot.

Hmmmmmm........SAA only 1911...............wonders will never cease! ;)

Archived