SASS Wire Forum

Belt and holsters - Rod Kibler

I have a rig from a few years back that I am selling. Rod Kibler made this rig for OM Ruger Vaqueros, but any OM Rugers will fit.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/danbeale79/library/

If you look at one of the photos I am point to some holes I put in each holster. Not very noticeable but if you really look you can see them. I don't know what it would cost to have these made today but I am sure it's over four hundred. With the wear and tear I am asking $150.00 firm. The belt measures 41" from the buckle to the center hole on the belt. The holsters were made for 4-5/8ths barrels.

First "I'll take 'em" will hold them until the funds arrive.

Thanks for looking.

Dan

863-206-9665

danbeale79@gmail.com

I am guessing that the "extra" piece of leather you are talking about is the strip of lighter leather - which is bullhide. Rod Kibler sews that on there wet and then shapes the top of the holster. The bullhide keeps the holster's shape so the top of the holster will stay open and won't collapse the way some holsters will.

The extra holes were from when I pinned them in place on my gun cart.

Hope that helps.

Dan

A lot of shooters in the north and west have not heard of Rod's leather. He always had a booth set up at Mule Camp. His work is second to none. My wife has a butt cover on her 73 that Rod did for her over 10 years ago and it is still the nicest one I have seen in our years of travel. It has held up well and still looks like the day she purchased it.

I have a beautiful double rig, shotgun belt, and suspenders from Rod. When I had my rig built, I went down to Alto, GA and spent the day with him. Fine feller. Won't go wrong with his leather.

Yep, I've bought Rod Kibler leather and he does great work. I also got to spend some time with him at his shop....great cowboy. I have the good fortune to live a 30 minutes drive from his shop too!! And DiD's price is a bargain for Rod's work.

Archived