SASS Wire Forum

Barrel Relining

Dusty Morningwood

Does anyone know if there is someone that can reline a barrel 36" long? I know that certain liners only come in shorter lengths.

Need more info:

Type of rifle

Caliber

If you're talking about a big barrel like on a Sharps, then maybe Shiloh Sharps, C. Sharps or Badger.

Need some more info.

I have this oddball rolling block that defies my efforts to come up with a reasonably economical way to reload for. so I thought I could reline its .475 bore to something like .38-55 or .40-70 straight.

Pard;

The longest .40 cal. Liners that I am aware of are 34 3/8 inches long, and in.379 the longest I have found are 32 3/8 ...

I have not yet had a call for longer liners... But would be intrested in knowing of a source of good, longer liners.

Jabez Cowboy

Pard;

The longest .40 cal. Liners that I am aware of are 34 3/8 inches long, and in.379 the longest I have found are 32 3/8 ...

I have not yet had a call for longer liners... But would be intrested in knowing of a source of good, longer liners.

Jabez Cowboy

Track of the Wolf states:

A skilled gunsmith with proper tools can easily install Track's precision liners. We offer the following configurations of caliber, bore diameter, groove diameter, twist rate, outside diameter. Specify the desired length in inches. We cut liners to your desired length, and ship quickly, typically within 5 to 7 days. Restore your old barrel.

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/637/1/LINER-38-55-B-X

I have always sent my guns to be relined to Bob Hoyt. He has done several muskets for me and a Spencer. 717-642-6696. He is in PA and is well respected in N-SSA circles.

Archived