SASS Wire Forum

"Cheaters Never Prosper...!"

Boy, that old saw has never been more true than this week in Atlanta...! :huh:

Educators Sentenced For Test Cheating

Wow!! :blink:

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 15, 2015 - Implied insult to shooters
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, April 15, 2015 - Implied insult to shooters

They'd have been ok if they had just called themselves "gamers."

The judge dropped the hammer on them today.

Three former top administrators were given maximum 20-year sentences Tuesday in the Atlanta school cheating case, with seven years to be served in prison, 13 on probation and fines of $25,000 to be paid by each.

Five lower-ranking educators — those who worked as principals, teachers and testing coordinators — received sentences of up to five years with at least one-year in prison and hefty fines ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.

The problem was that all this test cheating was to cover up incompetency in the Atlanta public school system. There were a lot of bonuses passed out over the years based on school performance (student test results). This whole scam was designed to get their bonuses despite their sorry performance as educators. I'm just sorry Beverly Hall (school superintendent) died before she could be sent to prison.

As the husband of an educator, and someone who is considering going into teaching, I have only one thing to say:

GOOD!!!

The judge dropped the hammer on them today.

Three former top administrators were given maximum 20-year sentences Tuesday in the Atlanta school cheating case, with seven years to be served in prison, 13 on probation and fines of $25,000 to be paid by each.

Five lower-ranking educators — those who worked as principals, teachers and testing coordinators — received sentences of up to five years with at least one-year in prison and hefty fines ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.

... I'm just sorry Beverly Hall (school superintendent) died before she could be sent to prison.

I think it will be interesting to see just what time is actually served and fines paid. I also wonder what the odds are for pardons all around? Who will remember this in a few months?

Archived