SASS Wire Forum

Fake Navy SEAL Now Running For Office.

DocWard

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/23/he-wore-a-navy-seal-trident-without-earning-it-and-now-hes-running-for-congress/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

He wore it while on active duty, got caught and reprimanded for it, and owns up to the mistake. The Navy version of an Army "PX Ranger," it seems. Should it disqualify him from office? I don't think so. Is it something to consider at the voting booth? I don't know.

He wore it while on active duty, got caught and reprimanded for it, and owns up to the mistake. The Navy version of an Army "PX Ranger," it seems. Should it disqualify him from office? I don't think so. Is it something to consider at the voting booth? I don't know.

I think that's for each voter to decide. I'd give him credit for owning up to it, and probably not withhold my vote because of it. But I also recognize that others will feel and vote differently. That's why we hold elections after all. If it matters to enough people, he'll lose.

Don't most politicians LIE?

Most? Yeah, OK, there may be a couple out there that don't lie. Somewhere. Sort of mythical, like Bigfoot and unicorns.

I know a guy who wore some decorations that were not earned. He spent some well earned time in the prison. He was in reserves as a Warrant Officer and veteran rep. for VA. Cost him more than a reprimand.

I vote no. Elected official and wantabees need to be held to a higher standard. I guess I'm old school.

Absolutely, unequivocably, NOOOO!

He did not "own up to it" - he admitted he knew it was wrong at the time, and wetn ahead and did it anyway!

Stopped ONLY when he was CAUGHT! - Textbook demonstration of poor character. :angry::ph34r:

And we want someone with this "judgement" representing us and making laws for us? <_<:blink::wacko:

His party affiliation was NOT a surprise.... :ph34r:

He did not "own up to it" - he admitted he knew it was wrong at the time, and wetn ahead and did it anyway!

Stopped ONLY when he was CAUGHT! - Textbook demonstration of poor character. :angry::ph34r:

I meant he owns up to it now, as opposed to attempting to at the time. He did also manage to retire from the Navy as a Senior Chief Petty Officer, and apparently has the intelligence to become a Physician's Assistant.

As for me, I couldn't and wouldn't vote for him, given the circumstances. However, I can understand how many of our more... caring, sensitive, understanding types... Might.

I meant he owns up to it now, as opposed to attempting to at the time. He did also manage to retire from the Navy as a Senior Chief Petty Officer, and apparently has the intelligence to become a Physician's Assistant.

As for me, I couldn't and wouldn't vote for him, given the circumstances. However, I can understand how many of our more... caring, sensitive, understanding types... Might.

Thanks Doc - from what you have posted here the last couple years, I have absolutley no concern with your judgement.

I think he owns up to it now, because it is a matter of record he cannot deny, even with today's biased press. Yes, he has demonstrated some intelligence in this response ot this, and qqualifying as a PA, however, in my esperience, integrity has no correlation with intelligence.

His original act implies it was all about him, and how he needed people to perceive him, in spite of knowing it was wrong. I have seen nothing in his acknowledgement of the original incident to indicate he understands that and has changed his basic character.

Thus, he is HIGH risk to entrust with public confidence and the opportunity for adulation and corruption that comes with the job. I'd suspect the public attention is what attracts him to the job, rather than the opportunity to serve.

You are absolutlely right about our more sensitive voters, unfortunatlely,

Harvey

Archived