SASS Wire Forum

Ole Timey Fireworks

No wonder they went blooey! :o

Fireworks by Tony Donnora Inc. offers a line of firecrackers that look like the old fireworks, but contain only 50mg of flash powder (the maximum amount of flash powder allowed under Federal law). The original M80's contained more than 2 grams (2000mg) of flash powder in the 1960's. The days of powerful firecrackers are long gone. You can still find the original M80's and cherry bombs in Mexico and some other foreign countries. However, they cannot be legally imported into the United States.

Boy, they were a lot of fun for a 10 year old boy like me who was heavy into playing army!

At my brother in laws house and couldn't believe how pitiful the new sparklers were...they had just a bit of fizz on the end and that was all...not worth the time or money.

they had some what they called m1000, and bang was less than the old m80s not that I am much into the illegeals but they were a waste of time and money...

curley

We had some neighbors that would make an annual trip across the border............ Omar the Sheriff would keep an eye on that house.

Two things that were made for each other: Wrist rocket and cherry bombs! You could put a cherry bomb in a wrist rocket, give it a full pull, light the fuse with the cigarette in your mouth and send that cherry bomb into someone else's backyard!

I'll stick with the stuff that's legal....of course as a kid I brought over many a M-whatever from Tijuana ;)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/07/06/illegal-fireworks-man-hands-california/12273279/

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Two things that were made for each other: Wrist rocket and cherry bombs! You could put a cherry bomb in a wrist rocket, give it a full pull, light the fuse with the cigarette in your mouth and send that cherry bomb into someone else's backyard!

Ha! The original drive by shooting. My brother and his buddies would shoot them into Christmas lights strung in shrubbery. Me...I just mortared the chickens and stopped them from laying for days! Mama never could figure out what the problems was until I told her in later years. Between the bombs and me shooting them with a Daisy bb gun they never had any rest. I still don't care much for chickens.

Ha! The original drive by shooting. My brother and his buddies would shoot them into Christmas lights strung in shrubbery. Me...I just mortared the chickens and stopped them from laying for days! Mama never could figure out what the problems was until I told her in later years. Between the bombs and me shooting them with a Daisy bb gun they never had any rest. I still don't care much for chickens.

And how did the chickens feel about that, Sam?

You can get M-80's at our local Indian Reservation stands if you walk up, wink, and go "psst"..doesn't work for me though

Archived