SASS Wire Forum

Anti Gun Threshold

Yul Lose

On another thread about the Target Data Breach the author asked about them being anti gun.

My question is at what level or threshold does one consider someone or some company anti gun? A lot of big companies are pressured into donating to anti gun causes to some degree. Most are very open about it like Progressive Auto insurance and Levi Strauss so to me that's a no brainier as is AARP because of their support for restrictive gun laws.

The Big Three auto makers employ large numbers of United Auto Workers union members and the Union, with or without the backing of the membership, supports anti gun politicians almost exclusively. Do we not buy Fords, GM products or Chrysler products because of this?

Do we consider someone anti gun if they own firearms but refuse to join NRA, GOA or other pro gun causes?

My intent here is not to disparage anyone but find out as a whole what makes a company or individual anti gun, because the phrase does get thrown out there quite a bit now days.

Good question.

Some companies are outspoken about their firearms opposition and contribute very publicly to anti-gun organizations. Some do it under the radar. Some contribute to other organizations who in turn support gun control. It can be exhausting to try and investigate every company.

The folks weho make the bread you buy may be part of a business conglomerate run by an anti-gun consortium.And the gas you puit in your car. Or the T-shirts you buy. I can't live my life trying to boycottt every business I might have an issue with. I can only give my support to organizations who fight and vote wisely in elections.

Yeah, I have preferences based on my views. If I can get good quality goods and services from a business that does not attack my civil rights, they get my $$$. After that, sometimes there are not too many choices. Still, lobby for the right people in offec. That is where we can make the biggest difference.

?..My question is at what level or threshold does one consider someone or some company anti gun?....

When they demand that I give by 2nd Amendment right.

About a month ago I was talking to a couple of pards who I shoot with occasionally and they were both wearing Levi's so I asked them if they knew about the companies views on guns. They both said that they did and they've been wearing that brand of jeans for 50 years, they are the only brand that fits and they are going to keep on wearing them. One of them almost in the next sentence said that he would never buy coffee at Starbucks again because of their recent statement on open carry in their stores.

I went into a tire shop ten years ago or so looking to buy a set of tires for my truck. The store is part of a national chain of tire shops. There was a young man that came out to look at my truck and get the tire size. He seemed like a pretty nice guy until we got back into the store. I have an NRA themed license plate on my truck and he did not like that one bit. He proceeded to lecture me about the evils of guns and the NRA. Needless to say we got into it and I didn't get my tires there. I wrote the corporate office about my experience but never got a response, to this day I won't do business with that company.

The city of Del Mar, Ca. is very anti gun and on a regular basis they try to shutdown the Crossroads Of The West gun show that is held at the county fairgrounds in Del Mar. I've often thought about that as my wife and I dine at some of her favorite restaurants there. Would our refusal to eat at those restaurants have any affect on the city? Doubtful.

.....The city of Del Mar, Ca. is very anti gun and on a regular basis they try to shutdown the Crossroads Of The West gun show that is held at the county fairgrounds in Del Mar. I've often thought about that as my wife and I dine at some of her favorite restaurants there. Would our refusal to eat at those restaurants have any affect on the city? Doubtful.

Right. They would have still had to pay city taxes and they may or may not be 2a supporters. There's only so much you can do in protest.

Those businesses that actively support the 2nd and other things that I like get the majority of my business. Those similar to Progressive Insurance, Loew's, AARP, Sonic, Arby,s etc. get no business from me. Although I am sure that means nothing to me. However, IT DOES MEAN A LOT TO ME!

The ones I do not do business with because of their very public anti-2nd Amendment rights stance, I write to once a year to let them know. It isn't much, but letting them know that I don't do business with them, and encourage others to not do business with them, at least gives me some satisfaction.

The ones I do not do business with because of their very public anti-2nd Amendment rights stance, I write to once a year to let them know. It isn't much, but letting them know that I don't do business with them, and encourage others to not do business with them, at least gives me some satisfaction.

Sadly your letter goes in their trash can....

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Good question.

Some companies are outspoken about their firearms opposition and contribute very publicly to anti-gun organizations. Some do it under the radar. Some contribute to other organizations who in turn support gun control. It can be exhausting to try and investigate every company.

The folks weho make the bread you buy may be part of a business conglomerate run by an anti-gun consortium.And the gas you puit in your car. Or the T-shirts you buy. I can't live my life trying to boycottt every business I might have an issue with. I can only give my support to organizations who fight and vote wisely in elections.

But you can do two things:

1) Produce your own goods, when possible. In the time I've wasted on the WIRE, I bet I could have produced a 20 year supply of soap,shampoo, laundry and dish detergent.

2) Buy locally from small business.

Archived