SASS Wire Forum

Team SASS Accomplishments and My Assessment

Colonel Dan, SASS #24025

The SASS Wild Bunch displayed both insight and considerable courage by jumping into the Second Amendment struggle with a no-holds-barred approach. I was honored when they asked me to lead their desire to become more involved in a formal, structured and coordinated way.

As I saw it, in order to be most effective, we needed to focus and coordinate our efforts exclusively on Second Amendment issues while expanding our ability to cover a broad front within that designated area of interest. We must help to inform, educate, focus and act by resolutely putting effective pressure in and on those areas, organizations, agencies and personalities that have the most impact on America’s gun rights. Those areas consist of national, state and local politics as well as individual, organizational, private, public and commercial enterprises. Consequently, the organizations chosen to which we have aligned ourselves have programs and on-going, full time efforts that indeed cover all those areas.

To accomplish our stated mission, a subordinate yet separate organization whose objective was to focus and coordinate this effort was created. Since the initiation of Team SASS, the Wild Bunch has given us their unqualified support in all our proposed initiatives. To date, the below bullet points are a few of the major Team SASS accomplishments as viewed from my foxhole.

* A formal structure has been created in which SASS can contribute in an exceptionally meaningful way at both the state and national levels in the struggle to preserve our ability to exercise, protect and defend America’s Second Amendment rights.

* SASS is now solidly and formally recognized as a full partner by the NRA, GOA, SAF, NSSF and Ruger in support of this fight. As a result of this partnering initiative, SASS is viewed nationally as a valued and significantly contributing member of the pro-gun movement by these national organizations.

* Team SASS has pioneered new ground by constantly advocating a combined, coordinated and cooperative effort among these national organizations across the spectrum of legislative, lobbying, informative, educational and legal actions.

* A coordinated force of 90,000+ SASS Members has reinforced the efforts of the NRA, GOA, SAF, NSSF and Ruger throughout the United States. An extremely valued force as viewed by the leadership of those national organizations to whom I’ve spoken and/or corresponded.

* The Team SASS Forum was launched and has been in constant operation to facilitate the exchange of information and calls for action pertaining to Second Amendment issues exclusively. As a result of this information exchange and alert medium, the awareness of anti-gun actions and personalities at both the state and national level within our membership has been elevated significantly.

* Additionally, awareness of the critical importance of state level politics has been raised considerably. Action taken to help fight/thwart anti-gun legislation at the state level has been on-going by dedicated Team SASS members and continues via our Team SASS forum.

* SASS now has a coordinated and focused ability to place significant political pressure on politicians at all levels via our Team SASS Calls for Action program.

* A methodology and source of fund raising in support of Second Amendment efforts via the sales of Team SASS Patriot Badges has been established and is in full operation. Substantial and regular monthly contributions will be flowing to the major pro-gun organizations to assist in funding our fight.

* Addtionally, the proposal for SASS Clubs throughout the United States has been posted in that those willing clubs conduct SASS Second Amendment Matches with a portion of the match fees being donated to the pro-gun organization of their choice.

Let there be no doubt, that none of the above could have been accomplished were it not for the demonstrable dedication, resolve, tireless efforts and initiative of every active member of Team SASS. They are the ones who deserve the accolades and admiration of every pro-gun, pro-constitution patriot in America. The dedicated enthusiasm among SASS members for joining in the fight has been raised even further as a formal, organized structure is now in place around which we can rally and focus our considerable influence in support of pro-gun efforts.

Members of Team SASS at all levels from the Wild Bunch to the newest members have indeed earned a respectful salute for their actions. As we all know however, the war is far from won.

As I assess our overall situation, we have the systems in place and operational as described above that will enable SASS to make an effective contribution to this fight—a fight as I’m sure we can all agree is most worthy of our efforts. We however must remain resolutely persistent—this is a marathon; not a sprint.

Steel your nerve, remain faithfully resolute and soldier on…

~ Colonel Dan ~

Thanks for all your efforts, Col.

Fight on, gentlemen. Remain on guard and never give up.

I view this forum almost daily. I appreicate your steadfast integrity and insight to maintaining it.

Thank you greatly,

Oklahoma Dee

While I certainly appreciate the kind words of thanks, it has seriously been you all, the members of Team SASS that's made this effort what it is and that will remain true for the entire period Team SASS is in operation.

Whatever Team SASS has been, is or will be depends on the dedication, resolve and involvement of our members. Let no one ever forget or dispute that.

Soldier on....

Archived