SASS Wire Forum

Come to Montana - Take on the Whirling Dervish

The Bigfork Buscaderos of Bigfork, Montana invite you to come to the Bigfork Gun Club range on August 17th and 18th for our first two day match.

The match will feature my new target, the Whirling Dervish along with our Polish Plate Rack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8LaV4vMOvi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BIv25iq1uM0

The Whirling Dervish

(only targets left on the Whirling Dervish are counted as misses)

We will be shooting six stages on Saturday and four on Sunday.

On Friday, beginning at 3:00 in the afternoon these two targets will be available to be shot to prepare for the match.

Bigfork is located on Flathead Lake, the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi and is 35 miles south of Glacier National Park.

It is about 300 miles north of Yellowstone National Park.

We have several acres available for RV parking and there are restrooms available in the clubhouse and water is also available.

We will be having a pot luck gathering Saturday night with the Buscaderos furnishing hamburgers and hotdogs and everyone encouraged to bring something else to round out the meal.

Fees are $35.00 for both days or $20.00 for either just Saturday or Sunday.

There are other cowboy matches in the area to attend. The first weekend of each month there is a Cowboy match in Missoula, the second weekend in Noxon, and the fourth week end in Eureka.

For more information visit our website http://www.bigforkbuscaderos.com/

If you do plan to attend please let me know so we can get some kind of a count.

Hope to see you there

Sage Creek Guys

Think that evil thing would make a great fund rising side match.

And fun to shoot.

Don't really like it for a main match.

But like I said. Great side match.

Make it a fund rising side match and it's a real winner.

Think that evil thing would make a great fund rising side match.

And fun to shoot.

Don't really like it for a main match.

But like I said. Great side match.

Make it a fund rising side match and it's a real winner.

For a small match like we usually have, one posse of about 15 shooters, it's not hard to have it in our main match.

Once people learn how to reset it (every bearing has a lock) three people can reset it in just over a minute. For this match, where I anticipate more shooters, I plan to hire some group, such as a boy scout troop, and train them to do the resetting.

At our match last week end it took a posse of 17 shooters about 50 minutes to shoot the stage with the Whirling Dervish, the other stages took about 35 minutes. So it actually only added 15 minutes to the overall time of the match. By the time the target is reset all the other chores, such as picking brass, are done so the next shooter can be called immediately.

I do agree it would be best used as a side match. Shooters really like it and it's fun to watch others shoot it.

Several people have advised me to patent it and I've had several requests for a set of plans. Unfortunately the only plan are in my head.

Sage Creek Gus

Archived