SASS Wire Forum

Granite City

Knarley Bob

A few years back there was a small group of CAS shooters looking for a place to call home.

They thought they had found one, but alas the country there was not too good, and there was also "bad medicine" in the air.

Riders were sent out searching for a new homestead, their travels were far and wide.

A small club heard of our plight, and invited the small band of shooters to come to their range and play there.

Conditions weren't the best, but it was a place the shooters could live with.

After a year or so, the small club came to us after watching the strange game we play and told us of a spot we could have for our very own.

Over the hill there was a box canyon that they had no use for, and we could play there. To them it was a spot that no one went, but for us it was ideal.

The deer, turkeys & coyotes soon heard the sound of saws, hammers and laughter coming from this small canyon as walls went up and stages were built

A corral went up, two fort towers were added. Soon a rail road bridge, & cemetery. There is a trough for the horses by the water pump, across from where the hotel and saloon will be going. There are two new buildings that have not been occupied by businesses yet, but should soon be named. And shade galore.

At the end of main street will be a clock tower one of these days, and perhaps a gold mine. Yup even fancy out houses.

Lots of parking and camping space to boot. AC in the main club house, with flush toilets.

The Minnesota State Championships will be held in this small little town we call home July 12 thru the 14th.

Come on out and "sit a spell" we'd love to have ya.................

On behalf of the GRANITE CITY GUNSLIGERS www.gcgunslingers.com

Knarley Bob

Heck, Bob, that was near poetical. I recon I'll come out to play.

All you Minnesota shooters! As you know, this is their first year hosting the Champeenship. The GCGS crew has been workin' their collective butts off getting ready. Get out there and show your support! I hear there will be a Costume Contest so be sure and dress ...interestingly.

RR

Granite City. Iz that close to Iron Mountain?

Where iz Iron Mountain?

Heck, Bob, that was near poetical. I recon I'll come out to play.

RR

POLITICAL?? You have offended my honor sir, fill yer hands!!!!!!! :P

Costume contest

A lady tea party to discuss the female side of the game. Talk of leather by a great local leather smith, guns and costumes, a great time for you feminine shooters in a nice building with AC

Long range shooting

Speed side matches as well as some more difficult, hey they call me evil for a reason :P

Wild bunch match

The Saturday banquet held in a air conditioned dining establishment.

Various meals also on the grounds

Vendors

Camping available

This it's the first year that gcg will have the state match but you can be sure it will be a match that will be talked about and you will be impressed at all the work the board and members have done to make it a great match!

The thunder of a cannon match Sunday afternoon...................

Nope w are just made out of iron! Some folks have it in their arms some between their ears

Don't forget the cannon battle commences on Sunday

Y'all can count on me bein' der fer shore !

Done went an payed up an ever thang......Evil Boy.......ya aint running me off just yet ! ;)

I might be old and wif too feets in da grave, but I aint dead yet ! :lol:

Apache i have a side match just for you. It involves poker chips golf tees and an innocent mind(mine) setting up the distances. If i get aproved by the home club possibly exploding targets hee hee hee

If we can shoot cannons.............we can blow up targets!!!!!!!!!!!

Apache i have a side match just for you. It involves poker chips golf tees and an innocent mind(mine) setting up the distances. If i get aproved by the home club possibly exploding targets hee hee hee

Evil........can only shoot then main match. No $$$ fer hotel rooms an fer gas to go back an forth.

just fer da main match..dat's all. :(

If we can shoot cannons.............we can blow up targets!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet dat wood be a blast Knarley Bob ! :)

Hawk I be counting on you to show the youngster how it done. :D

Have fun up there.

Well hawk if anything changes let me know. If it makes a difference I'll pay for your side match fees just to see your face on this stage I'm dreaming up

Well don't worry i may not even be shooting. Haven't decided yet. With the kids and all that's going on i may just be there to help things run smoothly.

Well don't worry i may not even be shooting. Haven't decided yet. With the kids and all that's going on i may just be there to help things run smoothly.

Oh ?

Ya chicken'in out or what Evil ?

Tank I can whip yur butt wif too feet in da grave ! :P

( opppssss.....aint supposed ta sat dat !)

Ha i even debated shooting that dark stuff just to whup up on you. Ive been practicing a wee bit too

Hawk, you got the young one scared he even been practicing, :)

He's on the run SO make him dance :D [we need snow or rain] ;)

True true us old farts didn't stay alive this long being by dumb. :P:D

Ya tell 'em Padre !

Tell ya what Evil........Ya shoot dat "Holy Black" all match long and on Sunday, I'll bring up my 2nd Gen Dragoons an let ya shoot 'em all ya want !

Maybe dat will calm yur nerves down a bit.

Dang Evil that's a hell of a offer. I don't no many to get that offer from Hawk.

I be betten he has some respect for you even tho you be a young whippersnapper. ;)

I was seriously considering it till i went to the gun store. $38 per lb. For the only bp they had thatwasn't in sticks or pellets. I can get half a keg of trailboss for that.

Besides you'd bring the dragoons, but forget the nipples again just to slow me down

Ya tell 'em Padre !

Tell ya what Evil........Ya shoot dat "Holy Black" all match long and on Sunday, I'll bring up my 2nd Gen Dragoons an let ya shoot 'em all ya want !

Maybe dat will calm yur nerves down a bit.

I gotta pair of Walkers that need to stretch their legs too, if'n that skinny little runt can lift 'em :P

Knarley

Ha... If you saw me coming with a pair of Walkers you'd all ruin and you know it

With 12 pounds of Walkers around your waist..............We ain't gonna run far! :D

Archived