SASS Wire Forum

Bead Blasted Finish?

Frenchy Cannuck

Howdy folks,

I was sitting here looking at all the wonderful stuff I'd like to buy and I came across some Stainless Steel Ruger Vaqueros in a Bead Blasted Finish.

Have any of you seen these guns? Are they as Purtty as they seem on the website? Anyone know why a Cowboy wouldn't want to do that to his Rugers?

Just curious.

Frenchy

I have bead blasted numerous pair, both polished Vaqueros and the brush finished Black Hawks. I have even done some where the customer wanted to leave the cylinder polished bright.

I had the frames of my stainless Ruger Vaquero's bead blasted a few years back, leaving the cylinder etc 'shiny'. I think they look awesome and have never regretted it. I'd put pics up if I knew how!

Ruby

I would love to see more. The ones I saw were nice but didn't really show that well.

Frenchy

I bought a pair a while back. I like them except for having to wipe them down fairly often; they start looking very dirty after several rounds. Replaced those awful black Ruger grips with some wood grips from Altamont. These originally came from LongHunter.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Those are awsome Tyrel, thanks for sharing.

Frenchy

Howdy,

I have one RV with the blast finish, be aware that the ruger warning may disappear

during the process....

Leaving some shiny parts might be a nice idea, I like two tone.

I might get some stag grips to go with it one of these days.

And no it wont hide the ruger ring....

Best

CR

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

We've done it to a pair. They came out great! B)

I'll try to get a photo loaded.

MG

And thanks for posting those pix above too.

Hey Nate,

That is some snazzy looking Iron.

I'm leaning towards 2 tone as well. What kind of beads are used I heard that you can em done using metal beads even plastic beads.

Anyone else have some to show?

We' would love to see em.

Frenchy ( Getting a kittle green with envy )

Every pair I have (see exception below) is bead blasted. I would recommend that you bead blast the barrel, and receiver and NOT the cylinder because the profile of the bead blasting picks up unburned powder, oil and dirt. On mine I leave the grip frame polished as well for the same reason - just easier to wipe down.

Now, my gunfighter guns are factory bright because when I shoot, I hold the guns fairly close together and I get powder burns from the left gun on the right gun and vice-a-versa.

Sure cuts down on glare, but then again I put a big ol' honkin' brass front sight on 'em that shines like a lighthouse. I guess I am conflicted.

Archived