SASS Wire Forum

NC State Match-The Uprising at Swearing Creek 2013

Cowgirls and Cowboys, only 2 months left until we roll out the latest edition of the Uprising. The North Carolina Cowboys would like to take the time to invite y'all to attend one of the best, if not the best, SASS State Championships around. (I am a little biased). :D So when you are planning your schedule for June, consider coming to the Uprising. You might even bump into someone you know.

This year's theme is " Cartoon Cowboys" which should add a little extra to the fun. (thanks SQ)

Match Dates: May 30 thru June 2, 2013 in Salisbury, NC. Home of the Old North State Posse

More info: www.ncstatematch.org

See ya soon!

JM

PS: Did I mention we buy steel by the square foot and not the square inch? ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to go especially after shooting at the SC state match in Greenville last week. But the Oregon State match is the following weekend. I'll see if I can convince my son in law (He's in Monroe) to go up and check it out. Maybe get him with Ktown to get him shooting.

I would love to go especially after shooting at the SC state match in Greenville last week. But the Oregon State match is the following weekend. I'll see if I can convince my son in law (He's in Monroe) to go up and check it out. Maybe get him with Ktown to get him shooting.

Oh, lordy, don't let him do that. He'll be corrupted forever. :lol:

The North Carolina shoot is really a great match. It is a shame that they are not hosting the state black powder championship this year.

Lucky

• 4 weeks later...

North Carolina? Heck that ain't so far. Count me in. But I'll have to warn you fellars, I'm bringing Krazy Kajun with me. Actually, he's driving. All I've got to do now is keep him from reprogramming the GPS to spanish. We're working on Potshot Parker too, but he's got to get a kitchen pass first.

My application is in the mail.

Badlands Bob (Gunfighter in training)

North Carolina? Heck that ain't so far. Count me in. But I'll have to warn you fellars, I'm bringing Krazy Kajun with me. Actually, he's driving. All I've got to do now is keep him from reprogramming the GPS to spanish. We're working on Potshot Parker too, but he's got to get a kitchen pass first.

Ya'll....mais we gonna have some fun yeah; lassiez les bon temps roller!

I'm letting Badlands "Evil" Bob ride on the trailer hitch up to Salisbury and I'll be nice and just run the GPS in French this time. We took a couple of wrong turns on the way from prison down to the Valdosta match when I programmed the GPS in Portuguese. We got there but we ended up talking with a strange accent :lol:

It'll be good to shoot with the good folks in the Carolinas...getting my application over to the Pony Express rider in the morning.

Kajun

Y'all do the best you can to help get Potshot that kitchen pass. Better yet, have him bring the cook along.

JM

We'll just bring the cook and leave Potshot at home.

I talked to Potshot today and he said he needed to talk to the cook.

I talked to the "cook" earlier this evening, by the way she prefers "Chef", and she's thinking about coming too. She said she had such a good time dancing at the banquet last year to the tunes played by DJ Jazzy JM Brown, that she doesn't want to miss all the fun. Those North Carolina people know how to have a good time.

Besides, she's not sure if she can trust two guys named Evil Bob and Krazy Kajun to get me there safely!

I talked to the "cook" earlier this evening, by the way she prefers "Chef", and she's thinking about coming too. She said she had such a good time dancing at the banquet last year to the tunes played by DJ Jazzy JM Brown, that she doesn't want to miss all the fun. Those North Carolina people know how to have a good time.

Besides, she's not sure if she can trust two guys named Evil Bob and Krazy Kajun to get me there safely!

The Chef is a wise woman....and she dances pretty well too!

Ya'll....mais we gonna have some fun yeah; lassiez les bon temps roller!

I'm letting Badlands "Evil" Bob ride on the trailer hitch up to Salisbury and I'll be nice and just run the GPS in French this time. We took a couple of wrong turns on the way from prison down to the Valdosta match when I programmed the GPS in Portuguese. We got there but we ended up talking with a strange accent :lol:

It'll be good to shoot with the good folks in the Carolinas...getting my application over to the Pony Express rider in the morning.

Kajun

Just programme the GPS in Cajun, y'all

Just programme the GPS in Cajun, y'all

More like swamp french.

Ya'll are just jealous. Tell you what, next time we shoot together I'll teach a few words in Kajun French....you'll be fine using them in Georgia but you'd probably be shot or cut if you said them to a Kajun in Louisiana :lol:

yank - HI!....shootin FC gunfighter hu?...cool, i wanta give that a shot (after SE regionals), it is just the "way coolest cowboy look" there is...2 sixshotters smokin like the old west!!!

Hope you make it !

NEW NOTE ....this year the NC state match will be a "one pass brass pickup", that worked well at the SC state match, didnt slow down a single possie and saves us shooters money....so we are giving it a shot!!!

2nd NOTE ---- The north carolina state black powder championship will be held the 1st saturday of november at ONSP in salsbury NC, 8 stages of really cool shooting (ps: great warmup for the SE regionals too)

Is there a shooters list of who's signed up so far?

Wouldn't want to be the only FC Gunfighter.

No list yet but you will not be the only one.

JM

Hope you and the "Chef" can both make it.

PS: I'd worry about them two also. :D

The Doily Gang will be hosting a Ladies Only Clinic for all ages at the 2013 NC State Championship. This is not an introduction to Cowboy Shooting, but a clinic to provide tips on how to improve your game.

Cost: The cost is $10 per shooter; proceeds will be given to the charity of the club’s choice.

Instructors: Sixgun Sallie, Shamrock Sadie, and Ms. Jewel

Registration: Contact Shamrock Sadie at ShamrockSadie@gmail.com prior to May 26, 2013 (walk-ups prior to start time are definitely welcome)

When: Thursday, May 30, 2013, promptly at 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM (go to registration the day of the clinic to find the clinic bay)

What to bring: Everything you would bring to shoot a stage:

· Pistols (and holsters), Rifle, Shotgun (and SG belt)

· Minimum Rounds: 40 pistol, 40 Rifle, 20 SG

· Cowgirl Attitude & Heart

Topics:

· Quick safety briefing starting in the clinic bay

· Tips on shooting Pistols, Rifle (including reloads), and SG (SxS and 97)

· Tips on transitions with all guns

· Tips on staging your guns

· Tips on practicing

· Shooters will be shooting their guns during the clinic

· Shoot the stage (one-on-one critiques will be provided)

Nope, no corset although that might be the only way I could get a falsetto voice. I do have a nice pair of bloomers that Penelope and Pearl made for me when they were in the millinery business. I told them If they made 'em I'd wear 'em to advertise. They did and I wore them at Mule Camp. Looked a little strange over my chaps but I did it. That was the year CJ and I had the stage where shooters had to wear a yellow dress and wig. In demonstrating the stage instructions I would tear off the dress and wig and there would be my bloomers. Had a large time with it but did get some strange looks. :)

Hey DJ Jazzy JM Brown, are ya'll going to put a shooter's list on the state match website>

I've done a lot of things over the years to gather intelligence. I'm happy to report that wearing a corset ain't one of them.

I talked to Badlands "Evil Bob" this weekend and he said he might be talked into wearing a corset if all of the other shooters registered for gunfighter switch their category to double duelist :blink: (of course I might have misheard, I had my earplugs in at the time...just like most folks do when Evil Bob is talking :lol: )

I went to a small monthly match last weekend and Krazy Kajun beat me by one second. He's feeling a little frisky right now. I'll have to adjust his medication.

Speaking of medication I did miss mine today...guess I'll have to double up tomorrow :lol:

Don't forget to sign up for the Doily Gang clinic.

Cost: The cost is $10 per shooter; proceeds will be given to the charity of the clubs choice.

Instructors: Sixgun Sallie, Shamrock Sadie, and Ms. Jewel

Registration: Contact the Doily Gang at info@doilygang.com prior to May 26, 2013 (walk-ups prior to start time are definitely welcome)

When: Thursday, May 30, 2013, promptly at 8:30 AM 11:30 AM (go to registration the day of the clinic to find the clinic bay)

Archived