SASS Wire Forum

NC State Match-The Uprising at Swearing Creek 2013

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadie...you reckon ole Royal would show up in a corset if'n someone was to double dog dare him?

Only 10 days to go. You fellars best be knocking the cobwebs out yer barrels cause it's almost time to shoot.

Was going to but saw a large hairy spider down there. I didn't want to bother it. Of course the first round downrange will be a life changer for him/her.

Only 10 days to go. You fellars best be knocking the cobwebs out yer barrels cause it's almost time to shoot.

Evil Bob...I mixed up some smoke last night and put it ma boolets and ma shotshells in case dey needed some skeeter 'pellant dere at da range. I almost got ma gris gris wurked up ta trow on all de oddur peoples chootin' in ma category!

9 more days and den its lassiez le bon temps rouler.....ya'll

Kajun

Evil Bob...I mixed up some smoke last night and put it ma boolets and ma shotshells in case dey needed some skeeter 'pellant dere at da range. I almost got ma gris gris wurked up ta trow on all de oddur peoples chootin' in ma category!

9 more days and den its lassiez le bon temps rouler.....ya'll

Kajun

Translation:

1. He loaded up some bullets last night. Black powder bullets. They will repel mosquitoes.

2. He is concocting some Cajun swamp magic to use against his competition. Probably involving chicken feet.

3. Nine more days and he will be ready to party.

Dang Evil Bob...kin ya hear it.....crickets!!

Royal Barnes...do you know if they are going to publish a shooter's list. The match is less than two weeks away and it be good to see who all is registered so far.

Dang Evil Bob...kin ya hear it.....crickets!!

Royal Barnes...do you know if they are going to publish a shooter's list. The match is less than two weeks away and it be good to see who all is registered so far.

I'll check with J.M. and see if I can shake him up. I know that as of last night we had 160 registered. A good many are first timers.

Hey Evil Bob....you seen any cowboys sittin’ on da fence ‘round your neck of the woods? If’n ya do ya need to tell the sidewinders that there is only 8 more days till the NC state match starts and they need ta get the applikashun and gold dust in ta JM Brown afore then so’s they kin shoot wif da rest of us ne’er do wells come match time.

And if'n they want ta sharpen up der chootin skills wif da ladies and that pretty little thang, Shamrock Sadie at da Doily Gang tado, they best bring their bloomers and dress and $10.

Best sandwiches in the world ? I guess I gotta go now !

AO

Howdy Arcadia.

I was gona just send you a PM but decided to make this a public comment.

If you make it to the NC State, unless the weather turns horrible, I can guarantee that you will discover this to be one of, if not right at, one of the finest matches anywhere.

Regrettably, my time off work, $$$, etc.....isn't allowing me to make the NC State this year. But don't think it ain't already nawin on me because I won't be there. The Pards are the finest and most hospitable ANYWHERE. Competition is the best...ANYWHERE. And YES, that vendor makes some of the best sandwiches....ANYWHERE. Especailly that patented Baloney Sandwich. WOW.

So ifn't it ain't toooo late for some of you Fast and Furious Florida Pards to shake the sand outa ya guns and head to NC, you owe it to yeownself to 'just do it'.

Safe travels my good friend.

p.s. - you can take side match speed SG '97. Smart $$ would be on you.

..........Widder

Hey Widder,

Sorry to hear that you won't be there, it's always a good match. If my old knees hold up I plan to be smoking the place up some. Shamrock Paddy and I should arrive by stage on Wednesday afternoon and settle in.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and enjoying a balogna sandwich.

Do you know if the Gheisa twins will be there?

Lucky

grin.png

Howdy Arcadia.

I was gona just send you a PM but decided to make this a public comment.

If you make it to the NC State, unless the weather turns horrible, I can guarantee that you will discover this to be one of, if not right at, one of the finest matches anywhere.

Regrettably, my time off work, $$$, etc.....isn't allowing me to make the NC State this year. But don't think it ain't already nawin on me because I won't be there. The Pards are the finest and most hospitable ANYWHERE. Competition is the best...ANYWHERE. And YES, that vendor makes some of the best sandwiches....ANYWHERE. Especailly that patented Baloney Sandwich. WOW.

So ifn't it ain't toooo late for some of you Fast and Furious Florida Pards to shake the sand outa ya guns and head to NC, you owe it to yeownself to 'just do it'.

Safe travels my good friend.

p.s. - you can take side match speed SG '97. Smart $$ would be on you.

..........Widder

Thanks Widder, I'm hoping the weather is gonna be more to my liking than last match we shot at together lol. I'm looking forward to shooting with NC bunch we had fun at Givans Ferry.

I'm really lookin forward to those sandwiches though.

I guess without you there I might have a chance winning speed 97 :P

see ya soon AO

Tha Gheisa Twins are already here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I'll still be able to shoot tha match. What WIMMIN :)

I heerd tell tha gate had been left down tween here an Floridy (Glad of it)

RRR

Time is getting short with only a few days until the start of the 2013 version of the Uprising at Swearing Creek.

Thanks to all that have registered and planned on coming. Since I can't figure out how to do it here, I am posting a list of those coming at: http://www.carolinacowboys.us

It will be under the Forums and North Carolina State Championship

I look forward to seeing all next week.

JM

Well Santa Fe River Stan (aka "jawbone") and Delta Glenn won't be there 'cause of work (I guess some folks still do that) and I will be on the back of horse in South Carolina for the next four days, so obviously I won't be there (and no, I ain't sending Darlin' without me either). So I guess Arcadia and Roughneck Rod will have to represent the Cracker Crew for this event.

Let me apologize in advance ;).

But I do have a question........IF Rod wins this match, and considering he won the South Carolina match, would that make him.......

THE KING OF THE CAROLINAS!!??!!

I sure hope you boys have your runnin' shoes on. Between Arcadia and Rod, your gonna need 'em.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily represent the position of the Cracker Crew, their management or any affiliated Florida Shooting Club. "King of the Carolinas" is a registered trade mark of Dang It Dan Enterprises and can not be reproduced or rebroadcast with out the express permission of the Hawkeye Gin Entertainment Group, LLC.

Dan,

your disclaimer is funny. LOL.

but for some of us on the 'weak eyed' side of life, its almost pretty 'dang' small to read.

I predict Aradia will win the Side Match Speed SG '97. RRR will take the SxS event.

I hope to get back to NC State next year. And Dan, just let me say this: the NC State could possibly be one of the best GF set up matches that you could ever attend. Yes, it IS that good.

..........Widder

I dunno. Georgia was about as good as it gets (except for the rocket stage).

What more could a gunfighter want...riding on a rocket shooting. The only thing different was your holsters were a mite spread out :lol:

Hey , that rocket was about my only halfway ok stage. Sit and shoot when ya just got done shootn 9 stages sounded good to me and my barkn dogs.

Well Santa Fe River Stan (aka "jawbone") and Delta Glenn won't be there 'cause of work (I guess some folks still do that) and I will be on the back of horse in South Carolina for the next four days, so obviously I won't be there (and no, I ain't sending Darlin' without me either). So I guess Arcadia and Roughneck Rod will have to represent the Cracker Crew for this event.

Let me apologize in advance ;).

But I do have a question........IF Rod wins this match, and considering he won the South Carolina match, would that make him.......

THE KING OF THE CAROLINAS!!??!!

I sure hope you boys have your runnin' shoes on. Between Arcadia and Rod, your gonna need 'em.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not necessarily represent the position of the Cracker Crew, their management or any affiliated Florida Shooting Club. "King of the Carolinas" is a registered trade mark of Dang It Dan Enterprises and can not be reproduced or rebroadcast with out the express permission of the Hawkeye Gin Entertainment Group, LLC.

and I'm the one off my meds?

Stan - who wishes he was there!

Archived