SASS Wire Forum

WILD BUNCH EXTREME! If you like to shoot the 1911.......

Back 40 #23910 L

Mose N Bella & I are going to hold a WILD BUNCH EXTREME match on Saturday, March 30, 2013 at the World Shooting Complex in Sparta, Illinois. 6 WILD STAGES!!! Here's the skivy, skippy. You load 7 (count'em 7) rounds in your 1911 mags. So 28 rounds, 4 mags, per stage for the 1911. Shotgun, bring on the model 12's, load up to 6 rounds, probably 8 to 10 rounds per stage. NO RIFLE!!!! (we've got enough brass to pick up). No power factor. All other Wild Bunch rules apply. You know Mose, I bet we're going to have a crap pot load of reactive targets.

Plus, we may possible have a "BLACK" gun catagory. We'll try to encourage (suck in) our friends in IDPA and USPSA to have some fun with us.

MORE TO FOLLOW..............

So why are you going to load 7 rounds in the pistol.......when the rules clearly state.. :angry:

Magazines may be loaded with up to 5 rounds.(Overloading is a MSV)

You could easliy say, yea you can move with your finger inside the trigger guard too :wacko: or any other dumb rule breaking thing you can up with :excl:

Why don't you just throw the rule book out the window????

but I like my rifle.....thats the only one I good at........hush all ya'll that have seen me shoot <_<

MK

So why are you going to load 7 rounds in the pistol.......when the rules clearly state.. :angry:

Magazines may be loaded with up to 5 rounds.(Overloading is a MSV)

You could easliy say, yea you can move with your finger inside the trigger guard too :wacko: or any other dumb rule breaking thing you can up with :excl:

Why don't you just throw the rule book out the window????

I don't have a dog in this fight, but seems like 7 rounds makes sense since all 1911 magazines hold at least 7. Wild Bunch likes to tout that it isn't "CAS with a 1911", yet for some reason they continue with the 5 round pistol limit that is a carry-over from shooting Wild Bunch on CAS stages.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but seems like 7 rounds makes sense since all 1911 magazines hold at least 7. Wild Bunch likes to tout that it isn't "CAS with a 1911", yet for some reason they continue with the 5 round pistol limit that is a carry-over from shooting Wild Bunch on CAS stages.

Well I can't agree folks...that's what they made the rules so.

Remember WB started out as a side or supplementary match, so that's probably why the WB made the rules the way they did,...it could be shot using CAS stages, ..and most of the time, that is what is happening.

All shooters are tuned up to shoot 5 out of the pistol in 99% of the time, this could be very confusing and could lead to an incident no one wants!!

Maybe as WB gains in popularity, the WB may consider changing the rules to loading 7 rounds.....until then???? It's 5.

And "it is not CAS with a 1911," I agree, you're right....but that does not say, one should suddenly make up a whole lot of new WB rules even if it was "just a fun event".

Sure you can do something like that ..say 7 rounds,...as a side match to the main event, but for the main event, I'd be inclined to stay within the rulebook.

The WB rules are vastly different to CAS rules, some cases even opposite.....we have a rule handbook, lets stick to it.

All WB & CAS matches are 'fun events' in my book?? And you can just as easy have 'fun events' within the rules.

Things like this can set precedents, .....and once the precedent is set, well I think we all know what consequences can become from them.

In the meantime have fun :D

Alright folks lets address this before it gets outta hand here WOW!

First off we might should have called this something different but we thought it sounded good and maybe able to draw some of the other shooting venues on to the cowboy side of the range.

This event is just a monthly size one day match not something that will shake the world and knock it off of its axis.

We shoot plenty of True wild bunch matches at our range following every rule down to and including checking for the click on a model 12 THIS AIN'T ONE OF EM.

Why post it on this forum line instead of the others ,well 229 people saw it here verses 50 on the other wire. We are not trying to advertise it just invite any one who wants to try it to join us.

Why no rifle, because those who wanted to do all of the setup, tear down and other work want to shoot the pistol more.

I tried a normal 3 gun event last year and added a western style class to it and was beat up by the other side , I was really hoping for a different out come this time.

Maybe we can call it something better next time.

Sounds good guys but, too much going on that weekend; bullseye match, my birthday and Easter weekend. Wish I was there; good luck, see you guys somewheres down the trail.

I just bought my first 1911 yeah thats right the first one!

Bella had one that she let me use HA HA.

Tuning up a 97 .I keep practicing with the 97 but I tried to flip open the barrel release and dang near broke it in have still keep trying to put two side by side shells at a time it it. I dont think these fancy new shotguns will ever take off! :D

I am looking forward to this lots of new targets to try out also.

Archived