SASS Wire Forum

GOOGLE SHOPPING BANS GUNS

For those who use Google as their search engine. http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/google-bans-guns-in-shopping-good-news-for-stocking-gun-dealers/

I don't use Google, never have and may not ever. There're other search engines out there that have been around a lot longer than Google that do a great job. I've been using dogpile for many years.

http://www.dogpile.com

That article is from July 2nd. I just Googled Glock 19 in the "Google" shopping section and got a ton of hits for the gun, it's working fine.

Now I have never heard of Google being pro or anti gun, but the "gun" shopping still works.

JEL

That article is from July 2nd. I just Googled Glock 19 in the "Google" shopping section and got a ton of hits for the gun, it's working fine.

Now I have never heard of Google being pro or anti gun, but the "gun" shopping still works.

JEL

What you get are Glock 19 accessories. You used to be able to pull up ads for actual firearms.

I suppose if you want to carry this boycott to it's logical end, you'll have to not use a smartphone, or tablet, and also avoid Amazon and Apple. You see, the Android operating system used on so many smartphones and tablets is a Google product. Apple is anti-gun, as is Microsoft. The Kindle and Nook tablets use Android.

Just tossin' this out there.....

NOT to denigrate anyone, but sometimes I think gun owners are their own worst enemies. Boogers behind every rock. Too much hype from pro-gun groups. I know there are those who disagree, but hey, you are still my pards. I can disagree with friends without becoming enemies. None of this 'My way or the highway' B.S.

I don't know about google, what I don't understand is why in the world would anybody be silly enough to buy a plastic pistol? Whats next a "Johnny Seven 1 Man Army"?

NOT to denigrate anyone, but sometimes I think gun owners are their own worst enemies. Boogers behind every rock. Too much hype from pro-gun groups. I know there are those who disagree, but hey, you are still my pards. I can disagree with friends without becoming enemies. None of this 'My way or the highway' B.S.

Very well said. My sentiments exactly.

DDD, plastic guns are used by holster makers as molds to make their patterns. LE agencies also use them as training tools. Our PD started using them several years ago after an officer was shot during a tactical training exercise by a fellow officer who slipped through the check and still had a live round in his Glock. The officer was not killed and is still working today. The ncoic of the exercise was suspended for a time.

What's the problem? I just googled "1886 Winchester" and came up with all kinds of guns for sale.

ETA: Looks like this may be true only if you use the "Shopping" tab, which I never do.

What's the problem? I just googled "1886 Winchester" and came up with all kinds of guns for sale.

ETA: Looks like this may be true only if you use the "Shopping" tab, which I never do.

yea, i just used the sopping tab for Browning Hi-power and it shows anything but the real guns. all kinds of stuff if you just use the websearch.

Archived