SASS Wire Forum

Life is GOOD !

Yusta B.

Just picked & dried about 1# of genuine Texas grown Cascade hops. No, it's not OT 'cause I'm gonna brew up a Corny keg of Split Rail IPA & take it to Comin-at-Cha ! Yippee !

Just picked & dried about 1# of genuine Texas grown Cascade hops. No, it's not OT 'cause I'm gonna brew up a Corny keg of Split Rail IPA & take it to Comin-at-Cha ! Yippee !

Man I can hardly wait to move to Texas. IPA is my favorite brew. We just went to a shoot in OR, and then went to Lefty Winchester's memorial. In between, we stopped at a pub, and man did they brew some wonderful IPA. Nice floral characters, with a nice bitter afterbite.

Yusta B, see yuze at the Open!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Cheyenne ;)

I don't care for IPA's generally -- but I'm very impressed that you grew your own hops (I'm a dark-beer guy. I like porters and stouts -- or in the summertime a traditional, esthery Bavarian wheat beer).

Hey Grizz,

Woulda been fun but just a leeeeetle bit too far to drive.

Oddnews - sort of a lite IPA - I think you'd like it. My son brews 90 Shilling - right up your alley !

Silly question, but is that anything like a good English bitter?? When I was stationed there, I got a strong likeing for it, but could never remember the calling. Some folks just called a bitter, others included IPA. I'm sure I would have remembered if I stopped early, but was so good, well I just had to have another!! LOL. :):)

Probably closer to Guinness than a bitter. Dark English Ale. ( The 90 Shilling, that is)

I don't care for IPA's generally -- but I'm very impressed that you grew your own hops (I'm a dark-beer guy. I like porters and stouts -- or in the summertime a traditional, esthery Bavarian wheat beer).

I used to brew porters for all of my Army buddies who had done tours in Germany. They loved them. I prefer the pale ales and IPAs, but a porter is not bad on occasion.

Archived