SASS Wire Forum

Smoothest Pilot Ever!~

Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Hoover on a few occasions, not only is he an incredible pilot, he's the consummate gentleman. One can only aspire to reach his lofty level on both accounts. He turned 90 a few weeks ago and is a living national treasure. Just this week he talked a Mustang pilot through a series of maneuvers to pull a locked landing gear out the wells.

If you haven't seen this, just one of Mr. Hoovers amazing feats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp2Uc9XvmjY

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Ohhhhh yeah....

I had the pleasure once of watching him put an Aero Commander through some amazing moves... Wow!

I worked for a retail company that used to sponsor the air shows down in RI. I actually had lunch with Bob Hoover on one occasion. Amazing guy with LOTS of great stories. And he loved lobster!

Go to YouTube and search Bob Hoover if you want to see that Rockwell really put through its paces.

Met him several times when he was speaker at our Management Club. A class act. We built the airplanes he flew and he was also an employee of ours. Also met another class act at our management club (different company), Chuck Yeager. They were both WWII fighter pilots together.They are amazing men ;)

I've also had the privilege of meeting him and watch him perform his act with the plane in this video. (Note: that's a Rockwell Commander, not a Beech as the website says.) His book "Flying Forever" is a great read.

"Its not how close you can get to the ground, it's how precisely you can fly the airplane." --Bob Hoover

Thanks for the post, Dusty.

Bob Hoover video

Archived