SASS Wire Forum

Why are some so Abusive

Colorado Coffinmaker

KK, your cabin is no longer stocked, me and a few friends had a party, what a party, not enough left even for a shot glass. :D :D :D :D Just kidding of course

All for now JD Trampas

P.S as for the orginal post, I just let it go in one ear and out the other, after all these years I just learn to live with it, you have some are really bad and most are not

Tell ya what....sign up for the black powder shoot/smokeless http://www.korruptkarl.com/ and I'll be sure to share....I always do.

KK

:D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I read somewhere that Hemingway would write a sentence or a paragraph and then spend weeks (literally) re-writing that same passage just to be sure it carried the message exactly as he meant it. People are still arguing about what he meant.

There are no Hemingways among us about whom I am aware. (yes, I re-wrote that sentence) So what chance do we friends have of making each and every passionate sentence make sense; avoid offense; make our point; advance the discussion; prevent hurt feelings; provide humor or entertainment; avoid PC faux pas and spelling and syntax errors just to name a few?

We're blessed that the written word has returned, albeit in a way most would never have guessed even 10 years ago. My view is that we should just enjoy it and realize that we're a family of friends that mean no harm to each other even when our best efforts find us pissed or pissy.

The stop drinkin is a past tense.....I quit for a year along with stoppin the cigar thing. At my checkup in November I told my doctor that I hadn't had a drink or cigar for over a year....she replied that she had never told me to quit drinkin...just to scale back a bit, but she definitely told me to stop smokin.

The cabin is still stocked with booze....some scotch and bourbon.....do I get an amen.....

KK

AMEN!!!

Since it's been sittin' there fer a while - I'd be a poor friend if I didn't check it out fer quality before you go hurtin yerself. See ya in April

I read somewhere that Hemingway would write a sentence or a paragraph and then spend weeks (literally) re-writing that same passage just to be sure it carried the message exactly as he meant it. People are still arguing about what he meant.

There are no Hemingways among us about whom I am aware. (yes, I re-wrote that sentence) So what chance do we friends have of making each and every passionate sentence make sense; avoid offense; make our point; advance the discussion; prevent hurt feelings; provide humor or entertainment; avoid PC faux pas and spelling and syntax errors just to name a few?

We're blessed that the written word has returned, albeit in a way most would never have guessed even 10 years ago. My view is that we should just enjoy it and realize that we're a family of friends that mean no harm to each other even when our best efforts find us pissed or pissy.

Amen, Brother King.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

NICE...

I do believe Bro King has hit the preverbial nail on the head.

One of the things I 'try' to do is think we are all sitting around a lunch table 'jawin'.

I'll say something crazy and Bro King might say....'Aw, come on Widder. You know better than that'.

I've discovered the more Post you read from our Wire Pards, the more you become in tune with their 'style' and I find very few post that have any ill meaning.

Anyhow, thats just my blind observation.

..........Widder

There is nowhere better than a gun forum to ask what time is it and get your clock fixed.

Howdy All, Just want to thank Colorado Coffin Maker for bringing this up,also much thanks to UB and Bama for their explanation's of what I ('till now)perceived to be really ill-mannered, smart-alecky people. Thank You All.

Howdy.

Let's face it, some of us do not work or play well with others. :unsure:

I get a laugh every time I think about what I heard on the radio.

There is no such thing as a dumb question????? :rolleyes: There is an abundance of inquisitive idiots. :rolleyes::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The biggest reason that I've noticed is that many persons here have not been to any advanced type of training where you are critiqued from day one.

The very first thing you must learn in life if you intend to survive in the social settings is that there is two types of criticism.

One being constructive which you may learn from and the other that you would receive from another person who is putting you down.

Sometimes there is a very fine line between the two and it takes a person who has been through some sort of advanced training to recognize the difference.

We also all think and visualize things in our minds as we see them. When you read a book, you have a picture in your mind how each character looks and if they make a movie about it, you think that they didn't cast the thing correctly.

When I was attending the FBI Firearms Instructor School we had two wash out dates that sent people home. The first was on the second day and was a day full of shooting all types of firearms courses that went from one hand Bullseye to PPC. They sent about 20 home.

The next test was when you were handed a slip of paper with a gun subject written on it. You had to make a lesson plan and stand before the instructors while being recorded with your class presentation.

They sent more persons home after they were given the constructive criticism to make them better instructors and to come back.

My point and yes I know it was long is that something as small as what a person has done in life maybe the difference between them understanding or becoming enraged.

This is in no way meant to say that you have to have formal education to be a well rounded person, my point also includes those like myself who was given some very good criticism by my Drill sergeants.

Archived