SASS Wire Forum

SEAL TEAM 6

Well done. :FlagAm:

Now if the media would only stop calling them Special Forces..... <_<

I'd settle for them being able to distinguish among "soldiers" and everybody else...

Way beyond their capability I'm afraid. :wacko:

If you watch the media for a while, you come away with the idea that they really don't know much at all, but they do have a knack for selling a story. At least to those even less informed than themselves.

Utah Bob,

If you don't mind educating the ignorant, why aren't they "special forces"? They aren't "regular" forces. Or are you saying "Special Forces" is an Army designation not to be used by other elite, um, "special" units? And, if that is the case, what would be the generic term for units from all branches of the military that respond to, um, "special" situations? :unsure:

Thanks,

Angus

I hate feeling stupid. :blink:

Utah Bob,

If you don't mind educating the ignorant, why aren't they "special forces"? They aren't "regular" forces. Or are you saying "Special Forces" is an Army designation not to be used by other elite, um, "special" units? And, if that is the case, what would be the generic term for units from all branches of the military that respond to, um, "special" situations? :unsure:

Thanks,

Angus

I hate feeling stupid. :blink:

They are Special Operations Forces. This applies to a number of specialized units under the US Special Operations Command.

Special Forces is in fact the official name of units of the 1st Special Forces Regiment (aka Green Berets).

Neither should be confused with Special Services. :lol:

They are Special Operations Forces. This applies to a number of specialized units under the US Special Operations Command.

Special Forces is in fact the official name of units of the 1st Special Forces Regiment (aka Green Berets).

I have had alot of people ask me if I was in "special" forces :unsure:

Thanks. I feel smarter now. :D

Angus

Since 1986 we've outfitted SEAL 6, SDV, 4 etc. (the numbers have nothing to do with how many there may be) for winter warfare. They get real testy if you say "special"...politely so... even though the bill goes to Naval Special Warfare (SPECWAR).

We don't care what they're called as long as they call us when they're going 'someplace'. Once I asked the CPO that called where they were going to use a jacket and bibs they ordered since he was wondering about color. He replied, "Sir. If I told you that they'd just kill us both, Sir." :lol:

I guess our Autumn brown pattern must work well someplace this time of year. ;)

I was a Marine. That was "Special Enough" for me....

Archived