SASS Wire Forum

USSG MP220 Coach Gun

Curley Fryes

Bought a USSG MP220 Coach Gun, 20" bbl, 12ga, no hammers. Now I need you experts to tell me how to get those shells to fall out of those pipes like butter.

Polish, polish, polish......and then do it again.

Take the extractor out. Use a 12 ga wire brush wrapped with gauze or cleaning patches and polishing compound. Put into a low to moderate variable speed drill and get going. This worked for my Stoeger and Rossi.

Good luck,

DD

Green Scothbrite scrubbing pad wrapped around a wooden dowel rod. Chuck it in your drill and give it a spin. Chamfer the edge of the chambers with a Dremel tool and a rubber abrasive wheel. Glue the Scotchbrite pad to the dowel with hot glue, then wrap it around the rod until it fits the chamber.

Have heard people using a brake cylinder hone with oil, just do a little at a time, don't go overboard on it, just a little at a time

Brownells sells a brush for polishing with their oil, I mean just their oil, a little pricey

Or as Doc said, a green scotchbrite pad around a dowel, I wouldn't go funneling the chamber unless you know what you are doing, you can ruin a shotgun that way if you go to far

All for now JD Trampas

Ye don't need to gouge out, torture and deface the chambers of that fine Rooskie precision instrument. The chambers are chrome plated. You don't want to monkey with them and ruin them. Just use AAs or STSs. That's all ye need to do. They will shuck just fine.

Been doin' it thataway for nigh on to 17 years now. I see pards do all that gougin' and reamin' and bevelin' bizness and their hulls hang worse'n mine that are stock. See them slatherin' 'em out and brushin' 'em after each and every stage. I never do and my hulls drop out just fine. They have to brush and spray silicone in there cuz they've ruint their poor 2row 's chambers.

Green Scothbrite scrubbing pad wrapped around a wooden dowel rod. Chuck it in your drill and give it a spin. Chamfer the edge of the chambers with a Dremel tool and a rubber abrasive wheel. Glue the Scotchbrite pad to the dowel with hot glue, then wrap it around the rod until it fits the chamber.

+1 for Green Scotchbrite. I cut a slot in the end of the dowell and slide a small strip of the pad into the slot. Polish, polish, polish then posish it some more. Move the polishing stick in and out while polishing.

Blackfoot

I used jeweler's rouge & a 12 ga swab from a cleaning kit. Chucked the swab in my drill, smeared the rouge on the swab, then added a little gun oil - 10 minutes or so in each chamber is all it takes. Clean out the rouge afterward with Gun Scrubber or something similar.

A trick I learned from someone on the Wire - get a can of silicone lubricant spray & a new swab...before each match stage, spray a little silicone lubricant on the swab & shove it in each chamber. Shells slide out like nobody's business! A shooter at the match I shot this past Saturday had an extractor that wouldn't extend, so the shells weren't pushed out when he opened the gun. He borrowed my can of spray & the swab, treated the chambers & the hulls slid out nicely on their own.

Simichrome polish (or similar) on a cotton bore swab in a drill motor. You have to use the right shells too.

Fillmore

I used the scotchbrite pad method running several times in each barrel until the barrel started getting warm then switched. Took it to where I thought it was good. Shot in match still had a few hang ups. Hit each barrel a few times with the scotchbrite, the used some headlight scratch remover liquid on the pads as a finishing touch,probably less than 1 min per barrel. Gun shucks federals red or pink just fine, smooth sided like AAs fly out.

I found the larger problem with the Baikal is the way they sorta 3/4 open when left to thier own devices and will return to that position. If you know what you are doing that can be fixed or ya can pay someone.

Being basically cheap, I now just push loading lever to left with thumb and hold once barrels are fully opened. Pushin lever to the left keeps em that way.

I used the scotchbrite pad method running several times in each barrel until the barrel started getting warm then switched. Took it to where I thought it was good. Shot in match still had a few hang ups. Hit each barrel a few times with the scotchbrite, the used some headlight scratch remover liquid on the pads as a finishing touch,probably less than 1 min per barrel. Gun shucks federals red or pink just fine, smooth sided like AAs fly out.

I found the larger problem with the Baikal is the way they sorta 3/4 open when left to thier own devices and will return to that position. If you know what you are doing that can be fixed or ya can pay someone.

Being basically cheap, I now just push loading lever to left with thumb and hold once barrels are fully opened. Pushin lever to the left keeps em that way.

Bought pne of these a couple of weeks ago and encountered the same problem. I also had a problem with the breech locking up and being dang hard to open after both barrels had been shot. First, I switched to Remington shells and the breech opened far easier than it did with the cheap Winchester Universals I was using. Then, I sent for a pair of Papa Dave's cocking levers. I just installed them this afternoon (it was easy) and headed out to the dirt pile to shoot it and try it out. Breech opens all the way, both hammers cock and the breech opens like a champ! Best $24.95 I've spent in a long time!

Archived