SASS Wire Forum

- - - Rick O'shay - - -

Hey . . . in the mail today came the reprint of the very first Rick O'shay comic strip :) . . . gonna hav'ta get me a frame for it and then . . . attempt to find room to hang it in my Cowby Man Cave. :)

Wolfgang...what a rolling man cave that it is!!

Wolfie

I got mine a while back and also having time tryin to find a place to hang it...but it is cool.

GunClick Rick was talkin about coming down and visitin me and us comin out to see you at the ranch....but I ain't holdin my breath on him gettin down here

curley

Wolfie

I got mine a while back and also having time tryin to find a place to hang it...but it is cool.

GunClick Rick was talkin about coming down and visitin me and us comin out to see you at the ranch....but I ain't holdin my breath on him gettin down here

curley

It . . the comic strip reprint is bigger than I expected . . . gonna be a chore to figure a place for it.

Gun Click'r . . is hopefully to come stay at the ranch for a while ? ? ? . . hope, hope, . . :blink: he's gotta get his "no toothe" fixed early this week . . more trouble since it was out than while he still had it,.. . . . :huh:

Miss that cartoon strip a lot. I still have one from 11/23/71 that I cut out of the Long Beach Press Telegram under the glass top of my rolltop desk. In it Hip Shot is telling Rick about the reasons for hunting big game. How we use then for food instead of them starving during the winter. Was a great read every Sunday :wub:

I can still remember one about "Hipshot Percussion" arriving in a town . . . he is in the general store . . . buying a shovel.

the storekeeper asks him what he is going to do ? Hipshot replies, . . "Gonna buy a shovel and mind my own business". I've never furgot that one . . . :)

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy Wolf, mine came last week #183, I'm putting mine in my office once it's framed

Regards and winter well

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I got a book for Christmas many years ago that had every strip in it from 1958.I still dig it out on occassion and reread it.

I got that book . . . gave it for Christmas to my good buddy "Slipshot-Pur-Cussin". He passed to that shootin' range in the sky. Need to git myself another copy of it. :)

Hey . . . in the mail today came the reprint of the very first Rick O'shay comic strip :) . . . gonna hav'ta get me a frame for it and then . . . attempt to find room to hang it in my Cowby Man Cave. :)

Wolfgang,

Apparently, as usual, everyone but me got the e-mail/memo, but.....

I did not have a clue to what you were referring regarding the Rick O'Shay comic strip, but I was curious enough to find out. I found that if you go to: http://stanlynde.net/special-promotion_288.html, or just go to Stan Lynde's website: stanlyndeauthor.com and find the "Follow this link to sign up" button, you too can get your very own signed, numbered print of the very first Rick O'Shay strip. That, to me, is worth having.

Sorry if all this is old hat to other posters, but I am usually only a lurker, and happened to see this, and thought other interested people may have missed it somehow.

Ornery Cuss

Archived